𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐔𝐒, 24

#4.

"I don't think that's anything Tee would wear

"I don't think that's anything Tee would wear. She likes to be comfortable and fully clothed. That looks like something an exotic dancer would wear." Saige tilts her head to the left while Mahogany's head bent in the opposite direction. "My mama would love it for sure though!"

I'd puffed out a shallow breath, hooking the hanger on the metal rack, and stood back to study both of their faces again. It'd been the three of us together all morning as I promised them I'd spend time with them both for the sake of my unfortunate absence. Thus far, I was being thrown between their banter and sly remarks funny enough; They seemed to be more-expressive-if that's the most fitting word to describe their behavior now that it's only me around. I have a feeling some of the things they are doing are only because it's me and not anyone else but I should have expected this. They are thirteen-year-old girls with a lot of mouth for sure.

"Maybe we should get out of the clothing department. I'm sure finding something like an object will be less complicated." Further insisting, I say.

While at it, I figured these two would be able to help me choose a worthy present for Nicki's birthday. It was a very late gesture being that her birthday is less than twenty-four hours away but I didn't plan on getting the woman anything until now.

I had to show her some kind of gratitude for all of her support and the fact that her birthday fell on such a sacred day, it was the least I could do. That meant it couldn't be any regular-degular gift to stand by that statement. She obviously wasn't any average woman and I had no lent clue what to present to someone who has everything. Shopping for her was almost as stressful as pulling single strands out of my scalp. I needed their help.

"You got that right. She's not picky either... Tee likes things that'll last a long time. That you could put on display or something, you know? Not a picture frame, but way bigger than that, and oh! Huge trucks."

"I can't buy her a vehicle, so that choice won't work out."

"Why not?" Saige opposed. They both had on the same outfit today and the only thing giving me props to tell who from the other was their hair. That hardly helped even still, I had to "study their faces" every few minutes.