E.4. Just Married

"What is it doctor?", I asked trying to embrace yet another shock he was suppose to give me.

"This lady here is not a doctor.", Dr. Subramania said.

Hmm.. Okay! But was that suppose to be a shock?

"She is your wife who have been ardently sitting beside your bed since last 4 weeks, day and night, taking care of you like a mother would take care of her baby. Who better than your better half to share with you the  part of memories you made with her?", Dr. Subramania says.

"What?", I gulped. "I am married?", I looked at her. Her eyes were glued to the bedsheet on the bed while the tear drops travelled from her eyes via her nose and fell on them.

This was in deed a bigger shock to me. Marriage? It's called the big day of life. How can I forgot that as well? Am I supposed to believe everything they feed me? 

But you don't have any other source to confirm as well.

"Are... Are you sure doctor?", I fumbled upon my words.

The doctor nods yes whereas Sana on the other hand sobbed a little loudly still looking down. Oh God! She is a crying mess since the time the doctors entered the room. Why would a stranger cry like this? May be she really is my wife.

"Please be calm Mrs. Rahane. That's all we have to say as of now Sidharth. I suppose you would want to spend some time with your wife. Will see you around soon after sometime. But before that do you have something to ask us as of now?", Dr. Subramania said.

That's all? That was a hell lot. How do I sink in so much? It's just like a movie wherein the actor starts running when he was small and tadaa.. he is all grown-up and still running.

"Is there a manual on how to process the gap of 9 years after Amnesia?", I asked a little sarcastically. I know I sound crazy but I am going nuts.

"We wish we could help Sidharth. Just an advise be calm and don't bombard your mind with too many questions. Keep the pressure off your head and let the things sink in slowly. We understand it's a sudden change and you would be curious as well. But go slow", Dr. Subramania said.

Hmm.. don't bombard your mind. Look who is talking? The person himself who demolished my thinking ability. Saying 'we can understand' is the best thing people can do to sympathize but only a person going through knows how freaking painful it is. Well I chose to nod my head to the doctor's advice.

"Take care and Mrs. Rahane take some rest. Everything will be alright", Dr. Iyer said as they all left.

It was just me and her now in the ward. Though it was just us even before the doctor entered, this time the situation was different. It was awkward.. for me ofcourse. I wonder what she is thinking about all this.

I look at her through the corner of my eyes. What do I speak to her? I don't know when I married her but it feels like I just married to a stranger.

That means, I was drooling over my own wife all this time. I feel so.. so weird. I don't know how do I react. I studied for the subject named Gunjan and now when I got the exam paper, it's for the subject named Sana?

Gunjan! What has happened to her in these 9 years? She must have been married and having kids as well. Oh boy! It's so painful to imagine your love marrying someone else. The love with whom you don't even remembering proposing or breaking up. It must have been very painful earlier but now I have other pain along which is making it look less painful.

Will I be ever able to accept that I am married? What kind of girl is Sana? Was it a love marriage? Hmm.. I don't have parents who would take up the responsibility of arranging so might be love marriage. But how could I forget Gunjan so easily that I married someone else?