Prologue

Hello everyone! This a story I'm writing to share with others and for others to know that you are not alone. We all go through difficulties in our lives. I'm writing this story to try to help others and for other people to connect with the characters and grow a liking to them.

This story will be dealing with a lot of things such as heartbreak, depression, love, sexual content, happiness, anger, and real life stories. I hope you all enjoy and like the story I have planned!

●════════●♥●════════●

Prologue

Have you ever wondered why bad things always happen to the good people? It seems like when things begin to turn out good it always takes a turn and comes crumbling down. Us, teenagers, have our ups and downs throughout our high school lives. We go through love, heartbreak, grades, tests, drama, friendships, family, insecurities, worries and much more. We dream of the great things that we wish to accomplish, some may but some may not go after those dreams.

What happens when a simple, insecure, and determined girl who is your average teenager that is obsessed with bands, loves growing in Christ, loves hanging out with friends, wants to explore new things and wants to do her best in school, finds trouble along her first year of high school? That girl is me, Kendra Taylor.

I try to stand out in the crowd. I try to be the real me and not fall into temptation and be like the other students. I want to be true to who I am. I dream big, go after the things I want most in life and I love exploring new opportunities life throws my way.

But like any other teenager, I went through a rough first year of high school. I never did believe that high school changes people until I experienced it in me.

What started out to be a new year for me turned into the worst nightmare possible. I don't know what triggered the inevitable loss inside of me, but what happened to me was not who I was.

This is my story of how I went through self-harm, insecurities, love, heartbreak, my downfalls, and loss of friendships; but in the end of it all I found that when things in life are tough that it's not the end. I found who my true friend were and what needed to be done in my life.

I always dreamt of having a perfect life with perfect grades, perfect relationships, and a perfect future with no obstacles. But I realized that will never happen. Life isn't like the movies. We must go through the storm before having the sunshine.

And relationships are for sure not like those damn romance novels. Our dream guy isn't going to be like Jack Dawson or Noah Calhoun or Landon Carter or Augustus Waters. Guys will mess up, hurt others, lie, or forget a lot of things in a relationship. No relationship is perfect.

Most girls are reading about all these romance novels and expect too much or think that what they read will happen to them. But it's all a fantasy. Not reality.

Everyone has a downfall in their life. And as much as this may seem impossible to those, you have to pick yourself up off of the floor and fight through these difficulties. One thing that doesn't help you get through challenges is keeping things in and bottling them up. It's better to be open than to keep things inside and have it weigh you down.

I always went by a quote: "An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming."

I went through a lot of difficulties in my freshman year. I've fallen in love, had terrible heartbreaks, dealt with self-harm, lost a best friend, had trouble with boys, and did unforgettable things. Some things you will look at me and think crazy of me or how foolish of me.

Along the way I found my true self and who I want to be. I want to let life have its way with me. My eyes have opened up and I saw everything more clear. I want to follow my life through Christ, and I want to explore new things because you only have so much time to do so.

I want to travel the world and take every chance I can take. I want to experience true love, go to college, and live my life the way I want it to be. Most of all, I want to look back at my life and be happy at what I did.

This is my story and I'm ready to share it. I have a voice and I'm ready to use it. I'm ready to reach out and let others know they aren't alone. This book is filled with heartbreak, bonding, laughter, love, and anger. This isn't your average fairy tale, it's a trip to reality.