A Surprised Awaits

"Nee-san!" I heard someone say this while I was putting my haori on. I turned around to see my little brother running up to me, "Are you really going to get gifts for us?" he said while jumping a little bit, he seemed to be excited. "Yes" I responded, my little brother jumped for happiness and hugged me. I smiled at him but then I looked up to see a tall-ish woman with dark purple hair, her eyes were yellow. Her skin was a beautiful pale color and she was wearing a beautiful kimono that had flower designs on it. "Star dear, please be careful on the way there" "The ice is very slippery on the path down the mountain." Said my mother who was walking over to me and my brother, I just nodded to her as a response. "I'm gonna head out now, Ill be back before dusk." I said while picking up a bag, "Bye!" I start walking my way down the pathway.

Oh right! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Hoshi Suzuki, Im currently 15 years old and I am the only daughter in my family. I have black hair with dark-ish purple shade at the tips, my eyes are orange (not really sure how though). I wear a black kimono with purple stars at the bottom of it. Me and my family work hard just so we can save up for important things, but Im going to town to buy some gifts for the family. Anyways, let's continue with this.

I make sure to be careful on the way down the path. It's good that I dont live far in the mountains but I do live far from town, "Good morning Miss Hoshi!" I look towards the fields and see that its my neighbor. "Hello Mr. Fu." I respond, he walks over to me carrying a basket full of vegetables. "Heading to the market huh?" "Yeah, I'm just going to get some food and gifts." I smiled "Oh yeah! That reminds me, my wife made something for you and your little brother" He said as he put the basket down, he pulled out a kimono and a scarf that was in a box from his porch. "Ooo! They look beautiful," "she really mustve worked hard on them."

"Yeah" I put the stuff in my bag and thanked him before continuing to walk to town, I finally made my way to town after a hour of walking. "Good morning Hoshi, can you do me a favor?" I walked over to the short female shopkeeper and helped her with the favor, "Thank you for helping me dear." She smiles at me before handing me a bag full of sweets, I thank her for the sweets and continue to go shopping. I look around to see some clothing shops nearby, and I begin to walk over to the closest shop. "Hello, what do you need help with?" said a woman that walked up to me, "Hi, I would like to buy some kimonos as a gift for my mother please."

Time skip!: Brought to you by my laziness

It was the afternoon by the time I finished shopping, I started walking up the pathway but the aura was different than usual. I saw my neighbor going into his house, he looked terrified.. I wonder why..? Once I made it to my house I felt a horrible aura surrounding my house, I ran inside the house only to be met with a surprise. I saw a glimpse of a person jumping out a window and was wearing something blue-ish orange, I didn't care anymore I just ran to my mother and father. "Mom!? Dad!?" I shouted but realized that my brother wasn't there. I quickly ran out of the house and into the forest and started shouting "Kiyoshi!?! Where are you?!?" I ran and ran deeper into the forest, I felt my lungs about to give up but kept running until my legs gave up and I fell into the snow. I began to think that my brother was dead and was trying to look for someone nearby or look for me, tears began to form in my eyes when I suddenly heard a familiar voice "Nee-san..!!"

I looked up to see Kiyoshi. I got up and ran to him, I hugged him while crying in relief "Nee-san! M-mama and papa.. their" I held him tight while we cried together. A few hours had passed and we both calmed down, I looked down to see my brother sleeping. I put Kiyoshi on my back and carried him to the house, when we got there I placed him in my room on the bed while I went to clean up and bury the bodies. I made a shrine for Mother and Father, I kept the house organized before I went and packed some important stuff for us. I changed into something and put my hair in a ponytail. Kiyoshi woke up to change as well while I packed. Before we left I grabbed an axe and we prayed for the loss of our parents then we started walking deep into the forest. This is where our story begins.

End of chapter 1