Chapter 1: Winter Hunts

Christopher was running late. if he can't make it to his mentor's hut in time, he will never see the light of tomorrow. He kept running in the snow, ignoring the gruesome weight of the snow inside his worn out leather shoes. The hut was already in his sights, when he spotted his mentor on the roof, holding his custom musket. He cursed as his mentor spotted him.

"Well, well, look who decided to show up!" he said pointing his musket at Christopher, whos panting on the forest entrance "Our agreement was to show up before i do, didn't we agree on that?!"

"Sorr-ry" Cristopher replied holding his knees as he tried to catch his breath "I had to make new arrows"

"No excuses! 5 rabbits now!" His mentor commanded

"Give me a break Alex! i just got here." Christopher retaliated

"I told you not to call me by name!" Alex stomped, shooting a warning shot at Christopher "Now five rabbits or 50 push ups!"

Christopher decided for a second, and then hastily unslung his bow, and went out in the forest.

it wasn't long when he heard a rabbit's cries. He slowly crept to the source and found a family of rabbits. The rabbits just finished eating, and were preparing to hibernate. He felt pity for the rabbits, but he quickly erased the thoughts, and notched an arrow on his quiver. He heard the satisfying creak of the bow as he slowly drew it. His body working together with his mind, focused on the rabbit's chest, aiming for it's lungs. He focused once more, making sure his aim is straight and there is no wind to bother the arrow in it's flight. Finally he released the string, sending the projectile to the rabbit, hitting it's side, piercing the lungs and the heart. The rabbit cried and trashed on the ground, scaring the other rabbits away. Guilt came to him, killing an innocent animal for food just wasn't right for him, but he had to hurry, or the smell of his fresh kill will attract predators and scavengers, and steal his kill.

He slung his bow on his back, and started sprinting towards the dead rabbit. The snow around his kill was coated red by the blood of the rabbit, he started to feel limp by the sight of blood, but he had to man up, and bring it to Alex.

He grabbed it by the ear and slung it on his back creating a bloody mess on his leather jacket. He cursed as he saw the blood drip down from his jacket. "I just got this washed!"

He started walking towards the hut, when he heard a rustle in the bush. He carefully dropped the rabbit and took his knife and machete from his belt. Adrenaline took over, preparing his body for whatever may jump from the bush. he held his knife in a very protective position, covering his chest, while he pointed the machete to the bush, threatening whatever was in there.

The bush kept rustling and rustling, Adrenaline burst forth like an ocean

To be continued....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN - This is my first wattpad story, i hope you like it. i'll try to post an update as early as possible