Rewind (ChaeYu)

"I can't do this..."

To be honest, there's a lot of things she isn't afraid of. The way she nonchalantly aid minor problems at home, settling things with her boss, she's a brave one. Well, facing the past wasn't in the list. She totally abhors looking back, hates how it still hunts her every time she thinks of those memories. She will actually do everything just to avoid the girl who left her broken.

But the advertisement posters scattered on the steps just right in front of her front door caught her attention earlier in the morning, she was ready to take a cab on her way to work.

Regretful of what you did in the past? Undo it and create new stories with us!

Rewind

It might sound weird for a company name and the service they are offering is something that technology could impossibly do, or maybe is it? But it isn't bad to try at least? Or is it?

The girl sets her eyes on the contact details type-written on the wrinkled poster she just picked up and sooner, saved the number in her contacts. Later that night, after leaving from work, she's found in the strange company waiting for her turn.

Fancy, that you need to have an appointment as well.

The question is... Why did this girl make such decisions?

It's because she's so tired of dealing with her past. She's so exhausted of thinking about it every night. Even though the girl who left her told her to be well, or to be healthy, she couldn't even shove a spoonful , she couldn't feel hunger. It's still different when they were together though. Why? Why did she leave her just like that? Suffering from being alone.

"I can't do this..." Back to her phrase, it seems like it's now her turn as she was asked to get in a minimal room (room number 053) with a single chair in the middle and a tape player in front of it. It was dark, not totally dark but it feels like she's sent into an asylum; very silent. It's gonna be a lie if she says it doesn't creep her out that's why she hesitates now. The man behind her assures her that this service of them is totally safe, nothing to worry about. And if she wanted to back out, they will send her out with a refund. Great deal, actually.

"Ms. Chou, just tell us if you can't and we'll settle things up." The man flashed a thin smile, trying not to consume his patience.

"No. I'm in." It takes her more than five minutes before sitting on the chair,  finally determined.

Her head was found spinning. What is going to happen next? Or will this even work? The man came in, locking the door to prevent interruptions. Then, he walk towards the tall girl to do the procedure, asking her what specific year she would like to revisit. Other than that, he also asked her the reasons why she chose that year. He's not actually intruding her personal information but the company needs it to know if her reasons are worth changing for.

"I'd....I would like to return in year twenty fifteen where I met Son Chaeyoung." The girl named Ms. Chou, or Tzuyu, her first name, honestly told the man. "We... I was in loved. She reciprocated but we didn't work out well. Got hurt of course... She hurts me so bad that I can't even sleep at night, couldn't eat and work properly. I wanna change that." She further explained, with her eyes about to let out some tears but she fortunately stopped it. Her hands shook, enough for the man to notice what she really feels.

"So... There will be two choices once you go back. Avoid meeting Son Chaeyoung, or meet her again but avoid any kind of relationships with her." The man gave her suggestions.

Tzuyu nodded, considering the suggestions he has given to her but deep inside, she knows how difficult it will be once she meet Chaeyoung for the first time... again, if that makes sense.