Chapter 6. Easing in

My sister came home 2 days later. Ribbit and I had the best idea ever. My sister walked through the front door, she did look a little different. "Isabelle!" I said as I ran to her and hugged her. "Hi Arya!" She said while hugging me back. My dad looked at my mom and she looked at Isabelle. "We have a new family member and he helps me cook!" My mom said cheerfully. "He is a talking frog from a land called Amphibia!-" my dad said proudly and I looked at him. "Dad you weren't supposed to say that-". Ribbit hopped down the stairs, "dang it our plan!". My sister stood there in shock, "A talking...FROG?!", "uh...yeah! His name is Ribbit-" I said. "Pleasure to meet you Arya's big sister!" He said with a smile. "Nice to meet you too?" Isabelle said with a confused look on her face. "What even happened when I was gone?" She asked.

I looked at Ribbit "Alright so, on Anne's birthday, Sasha and Anne skipped last period and hung out until Anne's birthday party. I met up with them at the park and they were holding a music box probably from a thrift shop, when they opened it a big beam of light appeared and took Anne,Sasha, and Marcy with it, and even the music box. And then there was Ribbit- on my head." I said. "Well that was a lot to take in." Isabelle said. "But what are you going to do? I mean those girls were your only close friends-" She said. "She sits alone at lunch and just researches-" Ribbit said. "Arya- you have to make friends. I know it's hard for you but still, you have to get a little bit out of your comfort zone." Isabelle said. "I know...I know...It's just hard...." I said with a sigh. Isabelle put her hand on my shoulder, "you just have to believe in yourself, that little frog probably believes in you Arya, so why don't you try at least once..." she said with a smile. "I'll try...but I can't replace my bestfriends who aren't even in this world!" I stated. "And I get that...but try o make some more friends.." she said as she carried her bag up to her room. I sighed again.