Chapter 10 - Like a Failed Relationship

CHAPTER 10

How I imagined Hannibal's album cover would look like on the side! :>

✫✫✫

Saving my reputation came in sooner than I expected.

A few days after my whole 'saving the baby' fiasco in the supermarket, a video of me doing the former became a viral hit. Just like my embarrassing fall, the video was edited and parodied multiple times on YouTube. Everybody on the net started calling me a lifesaver, a saint or anything along those lines.

I know I'm supposed to be happy that my reputation is saved but I just can't bring myself to be glad about it!

You know why?

Well, thanks to some haters saying that I staged and acted my good deed, out of curiosity I found out it was an act! I didn't even know I was acting at the time! How was I supposed to know when it all seemed so real?

I found out about it when I sneaked into Paul's room looking for my deodorant and I found a really heavy baby doll, the grandma spectacles, the yellow blanket, and a video camera containing the footage of my supposed 'rescue'. I even checked Paul's phone and it had messages sent to Melissa and a few more people telling that if they acted for him he'd pay them a lot of money!

Isn't it just lovely?

"C'mon Gigi! You know I only did what I did to help you!" Paul pleaded with me as I fixed up my bag in my room. "I didn't want to see you miserable anymore!"

As soon as I was done packing, I turned around and looked at him, eyes slit. "Well guess what? Thanks to you, my misery is replaced with a much worse feeling!"

"What feeling?" He asked.

I strode past him and went to the living room. "Guilt! Guilt for acting! And you know what the worst part is? I didn't even sign up for it!"

"Really now? That's what you're feeling? Haven't you already accepted that you're famous? Famous people act all the time!"

"No! Not all of them do that!" I wore my backpack around my shoulders. "Only liars do that! I'm not doing that again!"

I walked to the front door and made a move to go out but Paul put his hand on the knob. He sighed. "Where are you going now?"

"I'm going to get some fresh air. Like, a whole tank of it." I slapped his hand away from the knob. "Don't even try to follow me or I'll quit being your money maker!" I went out and slammed the door for good measure.

To be honest, I didn't know where I was supposed to go. All I knew is that I needed to stay away from Paul and everything else at the moment. I felt like if I stayed for even just a second, I'd explode and turn into colorful fireworks in the sky.

In the end, I rode my bike to all of RedWood City. In disguise. I went from coffee shops to restaurants, libraries and even the beach just to cool my head. It felt nice, just being alone with my thoughts. Nobody bothered me, or at least to me no one did. I turned off my cellphone because I knew it would vibrate every second because of Paul, Jeff, Hailie and hundreds of other people.

By the time it was noon, I ran out of places to explore.

"Where to go, where to go." I muttered again and again as I walked the streets of RedWood. I got tired of biking so I alternately walked with my bike by my side. I looked around for any interesting places but most were either just boring or I've been there before.

I stopped walking when I saw a sign entitled Music Jamz. The name was pretty lame but since I was bored and music is what I'm working for right now, I decided to give it a shot. I might as well learn from the popular artists today.