Chapter 3 - Psychopathic Grins & Gummy Bears

CHAPTER 3

✫✫✫

The quiet blonde leaned her head on the window, gazing at the road. She couldn't bear the fact that she was sitting beside the man she loved, who was completely unaware of her existence for four straight years. Until now, that is. Which is pretty awkward. To keep her busy, she counted the decorative flowers hanging in the rearview mirror.

Ace raced through the road, trying to pass by the yellow stoplight, but missed by a millisecond due to the nerve wracking dead air. And the actuality that the love of his life sat just mere centimeters away from him.

They both sat silently in the car, Amanda's eyes on the flowers and Timothy's eyes on her.

Unable to take the silence any longer, Timothy broke the ice. "Amanda..."

She glanced at him, lips in a tight line. "Y-yes?"

He sighed and took her hand in his. "I-"

"Oh look! The stoplight's green!" She interrupted and pointed at the stoplight.

Another chance missed.

He started driving, but after a few minutes, he couldn't take it any longer. "Amanda I-"

"Watch out!" She screamed and immediately, a bright light blinded his sight.

"Amanda!" He went to her as fast as he could and-

"Gigi!"

I groaned.

Just great.

Really great.

Right when I'm in the middle of a crucial scene.

I popped two gummy bears in my mouth and shut the novel I was reading. Just as I did, Paul opened the door.

"What do you want?" I grumbled, wiping the tears in my eyes. All the drama in the novel 'Elite' got to me. Truth to be told, I easily cry when watching or reading drama stuff. But zip your mouths, peeps. Paul might find out.

Unfortunately, he saw my tear stained cheeks and his former 'no nonsense' face immediately broke into a weird psychopathic grin.

Yeesh.

"Were you just crying? Is my little sissy crying? Aww! Guy broke your heart?" He made this obnoxious high pitched squeak that was eerily similar to the hosts in gossip shows.

I tried to make up a good excuse, but Paul was on a roll.

"Hmm... You probably got rejected by your crush eh? Couldn't blame him. You're too weird for your own good. Or maybe you found out that-what was his name again? Barley or Bart? Yeah, I think it's Bart. Did you find out that Bart Simpson had a girlfriend or-"

"Hey! Bart Simpson is very different from Bradley Simpson! Like ew, dude. I don't like fictional characters like that!" I made a gagging sound to prove my point.

He scoffed. "Says the girl who practically kissed a guinea pig because she thought it was Percy Jackson."

I blushed beet red. "I was young! That's besides the point!"

"Whatevs." He waved his hand away and sat on my bed. I glared at him.

"Can you just state your business? I'm kind of in the middle of reading an important book here!"

He chucked down a handful of my gummy bears and shoved it in his mouth.

"You're gonna wash the dishes today." He chewed disgustingly, with streaks of saliva in the middle of his mouth. Gross.