Chapter 12

We continued stuff like that for two weeks. He would come over, hang out, cuddle, talk, whatever I wanted to do. It was nice, but I felt like he wanted something in return, if you know what I mean. I don't, nor won't want to do that till I'm in my twenties.

"Noah, why have you been so nice lately?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He said, sitting up.

"You have been so nice to me for the past two weeks, what's wrong?"

"Can I not be nice?"

"No no no! I mean it just feels like-"

"Like I want something in return?"

"Yeah..." I admit.

"Well I don't, we've been dating for three months almost, I like spending time with you, and I want you to be happy,"

"Awww! That's so sweet! Thank you," I yell.

He pulled me into a hug and continued watching the movie. The question still stayed on my mind like a playlist and I kept hitting repeat.

"Are you okay?" Noah asked.

"Huh...Oh, yeah,"

"You looked like you were lost in space...the movies over,"

"Ok, what do you wanna do?" I asked.

"Hmm," He mumbled.

He got up from the couch, went upstairs, and went into my room.

"What are you doing?" I yelled, laughing.

"You'll see!"

"Oh lord-"

Noah came back running down the stairs. He was hiding something behind his back and wouldn't let me see what it was.

"What's behind you?" I asked.

"Ohh just a little thing..."

He showed me his hands. He was holding a box full of all my favorite candy and another white box in the middle. I took the box out and saw a beautiful ring.

"Is this a promise ring? It's so beautiful!" I looked at him with Joy.

He nodded and put the box of candy on the counter. I put the ring on my finger and hugged him. We stood there for a little while but he broke the silence with his phone ringing.

"Oh- sorry, I need to answer this," He said, walking outside.

He came back in five minutes later, with a tear in his eye.

"What's wrong?" I said, putting my head on his chest.

"Well..I'm moving, and just found out today," 

"What? But what about-" I looked at his face, he was already about to cry and if someone cries, I cry.

"It's okay, we'll figure something out," I said, kissing his cheek.