𝐃𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆

[𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍]

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 "𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃" 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍
Diane came in with Ezra, earning tears of joy from her.

Paris' Aunt Melody sang Happy Birthday as a solo in her beautiful voice.

"Her regular speaking voice is mad soothing," Paris had told me once.

I made conversation with Paris's cousins (even joked around with one of them).

The girls, Alexus, Sabrina, and Lydia didn't necessarily throw loaded question me as much as the boys did.

"What's your favorite color?" Lydia inquired. "Mine is purple."

"I like black."

"Why?"

"I feel like it goes with everything," I admitted.

"I like green," Alexus uttered.

"I'm sure you do."

Alexus was kind of touchy-feely with me. She kept casually stroking my arm and hand. I didn't think much of it; Paris said that's just her.

"Why're your hands so soft?" she randomly asked.

"I moisturize."

"Can I moisturize another body part for you?" she muttered, looking down at my hands. Paris made an obnoxious noise.

"Yo, Lex, that's enough," Aston began, "come on," Aston stated, standing defensively over his sister.

"No," she retorted.

"Lex, come on."

"No!"

"Can you get her?" Aston asked, turning to Dwayne and Sabrina. The two stood up and approached Alexus.

"Dwayne, I swear to god, you better not–"

Smoothly, Dwayne put Alexus over his shoulder, leading her to the dance floor where Sabrina followed.

"You too, Thumbelina," Aston said to Lydia.

He swept his little cousin up, so she was sitting on his hip, kissed her cheek which she wiped off after, and took her to the dance floor. Paris and I were the only ones left at the table.

I looked at her to see her looking back at me.

"I'm sorry about Alexus," Paris uttered. "I want to say that she doesn't know any better but Brooke is younger than her and doesn't act like that. Well, Brookie is more reserved, so...."

"It's okay," I assured her. I honestly thought her cousins were funny, and I liked how close they all were. I know their cookouts and barbecues were a ball for them.

She looked at me for a moment before saying. "You look fucking incredible."

I chuckled at her confidence in being honest. "Not as incredible as you."

"Lies!" she accused.

It was true, but she would never believe it. "Okay, we're both hot." The song ended and Ego by Beyoncé started playing. "Want to go dance and show everyone how hot we are?"

"I'm in love with your mindset." She grinned. We stood up together and she took my hand, leading the way to the dance floor.

Paris and I had made no effort to shy away from displaying our 'affection,' it was easy and not forced since we acted how we would act on a daily basis. Throwing harmless insults, standing extremely close, her touching my hair for no particular reason whatsoever. Ezra didn't notice our act, all his attention was on Diane.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of Paris. She just looked so angelic. I loved that people thought I was her inamorato, and though I didn't necessarily care what people thought about me, I still had my moments. Jaylen took a bunch of photos of us at our request.

My lovely lady and I pretty much stayed on the dance floor the entire night. When her cousins were about to depart, we admitted to them that we're just friends, nothing more, nothing less.

"So does that mean I have a chance with you?" Alexus hoped confidently.

"No," Paris asserted.

"Friendship is not what I saw on the dance floor," Sabrina crossed her arms and looked at Paris.

"What's you see then, Sabrina?" Paris asked.

"I saw a lot of touching, booty movements, and you whining your hips. Where'd you even learn how whine like that?" Paris just laughed and kissed her favorite cousin's cheek.

The party officially ended at two-something AM. Paris was knocked out, laying on two chairs, while Brooklyn and I were trying to help clean up.

When it was time to go, I didn't bother waking Paris up. I just carried her, putting an arm under her legs, while my other was assisting her back.

On the way home Paris, Brooke and I had to sit in the backseat since Diane and Ezra took the passenger and driver. Diane couldn't stop thanking us for her wonderful party. Brooke eventually passed out like Paris, the girls leaned their heads on both of my shoulders.

Once we got home Ezra carried Brooke inside and I carried Paris to her room, setting her on her bed. Looking at her made my heart feel some type of way; she looked so peaceful sleeping.

A/N: stay safe at school.