ꜱʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ

As you go through life you meet people all the time. Some that will stay and some that will go, some that will have a positive impact and some that won't. As the human body would have it, more often than not the people who have a negative impact on your life are usually the ones you remember the most. Their words will leave a mark on you, though not physically, it's something that you will carry with you forever even if you don't see it with your eyes.

It's easy to be fooled by people when you don't really know them. They'll show you one side of themselves and then, slowly, start turning on you. It can be friends, family or significant others.

You haven't had a lot of relationships in your life, when you love you love long and hard and it takes time for you to get attached to someone. That's why it hurts even more when the people you thought you could trust are nothing like you thought they were.

One of your ex-boyfriends left marks on you that are with you every day. It hadn't taken very long for you to see that the relationship was more than toxic, but you loved him and it was hard for you to leave. Especially when he made sure to let you know that he'd be the only one that could ever love you. People like him are master manipulators, they know exactly what to say and when to say it to make sure it has the biggest impact on you.

Needless to say that when you finally managed to break free from this evil being, you weren't yourself anymore.

Your light had been snuffed out, your confidence was gone and you felt like you weren't wanted or needed everywhere you went. You didn't trust anyone anymore, even the ones that had been there for years because you didn't see them in the same light.

Your ex-boyfriend had controlled everything about you, down to the way you dressed and your haircuts. He took all freewill from you and now that you were without him, you felt lost.

Your childhood best friend was there to help you pick up the pieces. It was a very long process but she showed you nothing but love and understanding. Slowly, she started to see your light shining again. It wasn't much, but it was still better than nothing.

When she felt like you were ready, she started taking you out. She started small, like going to see a movie. It was in the dark so you wouldn't feel exposed, there weren't a lot of people so you wouldn't feel overwhelmed. When that went well, she went a little bigger and bigger until you felt comfortable enough to go pretty much anywhere.

One night she decided that you'd be going to a club together. You weren't sure about it but she asked you to trust her and you did, so you went. She had shown you time and time again that you could lean on her, so you knew she wouldn't do anything if she felt like you couldn't handle it.

While she dressed in a very tight dress, looking hot and confident, you wore your usual clothes. She didn't push you, she didn't try to convince you to wear the same kind of outfits as she did. She wanted you to have fun and the clothes didn't matter.

''You look beautiful either way.'' She had told you sincerely and with a comforting smile.

It wasn't a really big, popular club there weren't a bunch of people but that's what your friend had wanted for you. You could enjoy yourself without too many people around.

You sat together at a table and drank, water for you, while trying to have a conversation. It was nice. A lot of guys came over, all for your friend of course. You didn't even bother looking up when they came over, you knew that they weren't there for you, they probably didn't even notice you were there in the first place.

You had lost count of how many of them came over.

''Hi.'' You heard a man's voice coming from next to you.