4%

Wisteria fills your nose as you walk closer and closer to the battle point. Inosuke was at your side, talking about how great he was. He had his mask off while he walked to reduce some of the sweat, so he said.

"Can I see your eyes? I've showed you my face, now you can show me yours." Inosuke says, poking your forehead as you walk.

"No, I'll just keep it on thanks." You say, lowering his hand.

"Okay." He shrugs and for the new split of a second, you thought he was being nice. Until he lunged on you, making you fall backwards and he ripped the mask off your face.

"Inosuke!" You slam your eyes shut and slap your hand over them.

"Come on!" You giggles, easily pinning your hands to the ground as he used his legs to stop your from moving your hips. "Open up!"

"No!" You yell out.

Suddenly, a wet feeling licks your face from your chin to your forehead. Your eyes instantly open wide in shock and you see Inosuke's neck and jaw line.

"Did you just LICK ME?!" You yell, your voice getting higher.

"Yep-" Inosuke stops and looks at your face. To be more accurate, your eyes. "You're not a demon."

You breathe out a breath and, move your hand to gesture Inosuke to get off you. When he did, you punched him in the ribs for licking you.

"I was born like this, I don't know why, but I am." You say, running a hand through your hair. "But you look like a girl, so you can't say anything."

"Huh?!" He sounded offended by this and went to tackle you again, but this time you ducked down and avoided it.

"Can catch me!" You tease him as you picked up your mask and ran away.

"Wanna bet?!" 

Inosuke chases after you all the way up the mountain. To save some of your stamina, you hide behind some bushes and watched him run while yelling. You chuckled to yourself as you got some peace and quiet, leaving Inosuke to run all the way up the mountain.

When you reached the top, Inosuke's boar hat was on again and he was looking at each of the newbies, trying to find you.

"Oi! Pig head!" You let out, watching him turn to you and yell.

He charges head first at you, you bring your hand to your front and push him back as he tries to head butt you.

"Where did you go? I got here first, which means I win!" He declares, sounding proud.

"Yeah, great job." You roll your eyes. "Hey, we're gonna stay together, right?"

"Of course we are! You think I would let a weakling like yourself get eaten?" Inosuke chuckles. "I'll be here to protect you!"

"My saviour." You pretend to be a damsel in distress and place a hand over your forehead and chest.

You looked around at everyone here. There was a range of different people. Some stuck out to you more than others. A boy with scars all over his face. A girl who stood quietly with a butterfly on her fingertips. A boy with yellow hair who looked like he was about to burst into tears. A boy with a gentle and kind aura around him and an scar over his forehead.
To the crowd, Inosuke was getting some looks, you as well with the mask covering your eyes.

Before you could take a glance at anyone else, two voice struck out, sounding creepy yet tender.

"Good evening, and thank you for joining us today." They spoke in unison. Two girls who looked the same but had different hair were smiling amongst the crowd. Strange and cute, in a way.

They went on talking about Demons and the wisteria. You didn't listen all that much since Inosuke was trying to fight some dude a few feet away. And you had to hold him back.

Suddenly, when the twins finished talking and opened the wisteria garden, Inosuke went charging in as if he was listening the whole time.

"COMING THOUGH!" He yelled, making everyone turn to him and fall back as he pushed past them all with you running after him.

"Oi! Get back here, you boar head!" You said, ignoring the confused stares that went your way.

You barely made it into the forest before a demon came thundering down from a branch of a high tree. It was quite easy to dodge and slice it's neck.

"Hey! That one was mine!" Inosuke grumbled.

"You get the next one...the one behind you." You say, nodding your head in the direction of the incoming demon.

Inosuke did a 180 spin and whipped put his swords, screaming as he charged attl the demon and cut its neck

"These demons are too easy for me" Inosuke said, turning back to you. "Onward!"

"Hey! Wait up!"