𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀

Hope looked around, it was late at night as she wandered around the streets with the search of a hunt. She was hungry for bloodshed and kill, like any vampire without their emotions.

She frowned with the familiar sight, surprised to see her after Klaus' death. Brunette walked to the girl once she was proud to call herself as her godmother. A small smile found her lips as Hope approached her calmly. "Elena"

"I recall you calling me auntie Elena once" Hope's face stayed straight as they walked closer to each other. Elena left a safe space between them, knowing her current state about her emotions. "Back when you deserved to be my family"

Elena raiser her hands with non threatening manner, accepting the guilt. "I know you are mad, or maybe not, I know how this thing works. I turned it off once"

"Did you now?" From her tone, Elena was sure that Hope did not believe her with the information. Elena nodded and looked at the red headed girl. "I did, when my doppelgänger killed my brother. My sire abused the sire bond to turn my humanity off, actually that was when me and your father got closer"

Elena stalked around the newly turned tribrid, she was aware that these could be her final moments. She just hoped that Hope still had some sort of humanity in her. "And I assume he was nothing to you when he died, eventually" Elena looked tense, causing Hope to smirk with satisfaction as Elena's face fell. "Your father meant everything to me, he still does"

"You have a funny way to show it considering how you never showed up at his funeral, or after his funeral" Elena's weary, fairly smug expression was gone now, and she reminded herself why she was there again. "I am sorry I wasn't there for you"

"I am not, turned out that I never really needed you anyways" Elena smiled sadly, she was not sure if she could believe that this was the girl she raised with Hayley. A tear made its way to her cheek but her smile did not lose anything at all. "If that's how you see it, then who am I to advise the otherwise"

"Why you are here Elena? Clearly not for an apology about how you couldn't be a parental figure as you should've" The brunette gulped, knowing her words were careless while coming out of her mouth but maybe that was the point saddening her. "I heard your little chat with Rebekah, she is taking the cure"

Hope shrugged with a weary smirk, not giving a damn about her aunt being human. "Good for her. If you are the messenger, then off you go" Hope turned her back to Elena and continued walking. "Your father was the one brought me back to myself. He helped me going through everything all over again"

"And? Why would I care if you had fallen for the man who killed you and your whole family?"

"Because he became my family, you, Elijah, Rebekah, Hayley, Kol, hell even Finn! You did mean everything in my life. And he gave that family to me, and thanks to him I experienced the motherhood with you" Hope rolled her eyes but she would be lying if she was not touched even at the slightest. "I came here to say goodbye to you Hope, you were my best fifteen years"

Hope looked at the woman in front of her with uneasiness, the closest she was ever to feel something. "I am sorry, I failed you. However, I cannot take it back, I can make it right by you. And I will, I promise"

"What does that supposed to mean?" Elena smiled sadly until she felt the heartache hitting her, she let out a loud scream filled with pain and fell to the ground causing Hope to sped towards her. "No, no Hope leave! This should not be in front of you"

"What is happening?" Her voice was holding some kind of worry as she spoke. Elena closed her eyes, trying to suppress the urge of screaming but still not being successful. "Elena, what is going on?"

"If it means making your life whole again, I would suffer and die again and again. My sweet girl, I will never forget you and the amazing family I had chosen" Hope felt a tear falling down through her cheek but she ignored as Elena screamed again. "Don't cry, you did nothing wrong. You did everything to save everyone around you, someone needed to save you. I am willing to play that part"

Hope let out a sob as she held Elena between her arms, the woman who raised her, her second mother, the prettiest woman she had ever seen died in her arms. Her screams filled the streets, she mourned her emotionless state and everything she had lost.

She grabbed Elena's dead body from the ground, not waiting for her tears to dry as she sped to the boarding school. She felt so little, so powerless, so useless. What did it mean being the most powerful creature in the world if she was not able to protect one person she had left?

Lizzie approached her, first about to make a snarky comment but then seeing the tears she had all around her face and the body she was carrying, she was left stunned. Her eyes widened as she realized it was Elena, she did not exactly saw Elena much before. One time in a picture with Alaric, one time in a parent teacher conference and one time when they put Hollow into Klaus. "Hope"

"She died, something happened, I didn't kill her! I swear, I, I don't, she said something about a whole life and-" Her sobs did not let her to finish. Lizzie looked at her with in a way holding against nothing. "There must be something we can do!"

"Let's lay her down" Hope nodded and carried Elena to her bedroom. She was that nine years old little girl as she looked at Elena's dead body, the little girl who lost her father and mother at the same night and never saw her mother again until they were both taken.

Elena was there for her when Hayley was gone, they were there for each other as Elena was waiting for her friend and for her lover. They haven't seen each other till Hayley was taken. That was when two lovers were reunited, in the search of their friend.

Elena was the one who told Hope that Hayley was gone, and when Klaus died eventually she just left. It was hard for her to accept that her best friend and her lover were dead. So she left and maybe she was selfish for leaving Hope on her own but again, she was never selfless.

"I called my father, something is wrong. He said your father is alive" Hope looked at Lizzie with shock, and then looked Elena's grayish body. "No, no it can't be" She shook her head looking at Elena with shaking hands and shaking body.

The woman who raised her, and then abandoned her was here, and she was sacrificing herself for the greater good she was believing in. For the family she chose, for the love she found and for the child she raised; for everything she lost, now she was willing to lose herself if Hope was going to have it.

Lizzie wrapped her arms around Hope as she broke down crying. Was she happy? Was she sad? Or maybe both? Now she was going to have her father whom she loved a lot but then she just lost the mother who loved her more than the world itself. "It will be better, I promise"

Hope nodded, wanting to get lost in Lizzie's arms. And Lizzie, the blonde siphon witch, was growing fond of the feelings she was feeling as Hope was clinging onto her arms.

Alaric walked in with Klaus, and Klaus' eyes found his daughter immediately. Hope stood up, running to her father and not caring about the void Lizzie was feeling without her in her arms. "Dad!"

Hope continued sobbing and crying hysterically as Klaus wrapped his arms around her and looked at Elena's dead body. He caressed his daughter's hair, trying to offer her some sort of comfort, he was not able to hold his tears back.

Alaric had filled him briefly in what he was going to see but seeing her dead and gray, it killed him again. He had to pretend like he was strong enough to be there for Hope but he was not, he was not strong when his daughter was a mess and the woman he was madly in love with was dead. But it was sacred, the blueness of their reunion, but still thankful.

And this time he said goodbye to Elena in the way Elena said goodbye to him. But Elena was glad, Hope was going to be better off with her father, and she was going to wait for them in peace with Hayley and Elijah.

Until next time, she said quietly.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 ᶜᵒᵐᵖˡᵉᵗᵉᵈ 🎉