A Deadly Anniversary

I crossed my fingers and hoped my husband would open up his eyes. It was already day five since he was in his comatose. I stared at the calendar which was situated beside the hospital bed. Another 20 days to our wedding anniversary. I have been married my husband for the past three years and I was happy living my life. I felt like I was the happiest and luckiest woman alive. My husband, named Oh Sehun. Sehun treated me like I was forever his queen to his kingdom, and me? I was the same. I treated Sehun like a king. Yes, a king that owns my heart for forever. I will always love Sehun. I looked at Sehun. My heart sank to my stomach. The dread feeling that I felt was palpable. I felt the most unbearable pain ever. I entwined my fingers between his cold fingers. He was as cold as ice. I missed his hilarious corny jokes. I missed his voice. I missed his silly laugh. Sehun, a man who laughs at almost everything even it was not that funny. He is a bright person, a passionate one and got high zeal in everything that he did. He is quite an extrovert and I can say he got a very good sense of humor. I love you, Sehun. I laid my head on his chest and broke down into tears. “Please… Wake up…,” I whispered as my voice was too croaked because of too much crying. I closed my eyes and listened to his heartbeat. Slow, just too slow and I fell asleep.

I woke up so early that morning. And Sehun was the same, laying there on the hospital bed in his rigor mortis state. His face was white and pale. If only I could replace Sehun then I would. I let out a sigh. “I’ll be back,” I stood and kissed Sehun’s forehead. Then, I ran into five nurses who were going to check Sehun up. Every day is the same day. The nurses would take his blood pressure, his body’s temperature and everything. “I’m going home and I’ll be back soon,” I told the nurses. “Alright, miss,” they nodded their heads. As I walked out from the hospital, the female and male reporters ran towards me as fast as lightning. Some of them were holding microphones and some of them were bringing all kinds of cameras. “So miss, how’s your husband?” “Is he already conscious?” “How’s captain Sehun?” million of different voices with million questions were asked. True, my husband works as a pilot and he is captain Oh Sehun. The reason why he was in coma? Yes, it had something to do with his job.

Honey, I’ll be flying to Australia next week,” Sehun said with a not-so-happy smile plastered on his baby face. I sat beside Sehun on the couch as he laid himself on my lap. A spoilt Sehun was really spoilt. But I guess that was one of the reasons why I married him in the first place. Lovely. “For how many days?” I gazed deep into his eyes. He took out his hands and started to count with his fingers. “Umm… One month,” he said. “What?!” I asked, almost too loud. Sehun then laughed out loud. “Kidding. Maybe around two three weeks I’m not sure,” he said. God that was such a long time! To my utter sincerity, I hated it when Sehun had to fly somewhere overseas and we had to be apart. “I’m going to miss you a lot,” those words came out from both of our mouths at the same time. I patted his chest slowly. “Why are you copying me?”You copied me!” he said and kept laughing like a mad. Yes Sehun, I miss you, a lot, please come back. That morning, I helped Sehun to put on his white pilot uniform. “How do I look?” he asked while he stood in front of the human-sized mirror. “You look too perfect. The female passengers or stewardess on board might have fallen in love with you,” I pouted my lips and he turned around to see me. “Aw… Are you jealous?” he tilted down his head to look at my face. He cupped my face and made me look at his face. “I wish to bring you along but I can’t. I’m sorry,” his voice was soft. “No Sehun, it’s okay. Just, you know… Promise me you won’t be flirting around with the ladies?” I scowled my eyes and chortled. “Alright, madam!” he gave a salute and we both laughing hard.