Prologue

"Jing, please come to my office at 10pm today."

The buzz coming from Jing's tablet sent shivers down her spine. Even the small cracks on her metallic tablet was not enough to cover the name of the sender.

ASHER
—> Please come to my office at 10pm today.

Jing looked down at the tablet, then up to see the mahogany bookcase, towering over her. She swivels on the leather chair around, and slams her forearms on the darkened desk. Pale white clashing against the flush pink on her arms.

Frustration only consumed her even further as she stared at the picture above the black tinted glass door. It hanged silently on the faded blue velvet wall. It was not a sentimental image of her nor her family; yet a picture of a helpless sheep surrounded by a high chain fence. It represented her situation perfectly. She was merely a sheep, controlled and used by a shepherd to gain fame and fortune.

I have had enough, Jing thought to herself. I am done doing the dirty work for this man.

She thought it over for a while, then stared at the luminescent blue light of her tablet. The long hand on the clock had surpassed six numbers since the first buzzing of the tablet. Her neon green dress no longer seemed like neon, rather a muted khaki. The sleeves tucked just barely over her shoulder and the dress almost covering both thighs. Her black high heels, hidden under the desk along with the dark blue carpet.

At that point, Jing had made up her mind and created a game plan. It was 5pm. Her face grew a slight smirk, eventually into a vengeful laugh. Her fingers tapped on the screen like a young child squishing ants on a playground.

ASHER
—> Please come to my office at 10pm today.

JING
Sorry, I can't. I'm done. Make sure you turn on the television once in a while. An idol I make with my own hands will be on it. Adios. <—

Jing grabbed her tablet in one arm and a couple of thick colourful books. She used her other hand to flick the light switch and open the glass door. After a brief *click* of the door, the small room fell into darkness.

END PROLOGUE