Chapter 1 •

•••

•••

HOPE

Some people say that life is so worth living.

That there is so many things to do, so many things to see.

That one day you'll meet the love of your life, have as many kids as you want and you'll be able to celebrate their birthdays and go on holidays and... I sigh leaning my head on the wall, closing my eyes.

Who am I kidding?

What is the point of life?

What is the point of having all these happy moments and memories when at the end of it we all die?

No really what is the point? Because from my point of view life is rubbish.

And do you wanna know why? There's no point answering, I'm going to tell you anyways. So, when I was just 10 years old, I was in 5th grade when I got given a present from my favourite teacher. It was a bucky barnes blanket and I was so happy since he was my favourite marvel character ever. She said it was because ive always been a lovely student and she thought I deserved a nice present. It was the best present I've ever got and till this day, I still have it. I'll forever be grateful for Ms Annie giving me that gift. But oh how that day turned from the best day ever to the worst day ever.

After I got given that gift I was so excited. I was so happy. I was so thrilled. I couldn't wait to go home and show my mama and papa what I got. I wanted them to be happy that I got the gift. I wanted them to know that I'm not a failure. I wanted to make them proud.

And to you that may be stupid, so stupid. Because you may be thinking why is this child getting excited over something so small. Over something that any child in that grade could of gotten.

Well I was beyond exited. Well I think y'all already got the picture, since this is probably the second time I've said I was excited.

Anyways.

I was so excited that I ran home. I ran home so I could show my parents the blanket I got given.

That was one of the biggest mistakes my past self could make.

And that was for me to run home when I know that if I walked it would of took me at least 20 minutes, but no I got there in 5.

I opened the front door running to the living room where I know my ma and pa will be but what I saw when I walked into that room will always scar me for life.