Chapter 2 •

•••

•••

HOPE

I really don't want to go home.

I don't like being alone. I don't like to let my thoughts get the best of me.

I should of told Mr brown. I tell him everything. About what happened to my parents, fake friends, betrayals.

Everything.

Everything but this. Everything but the abuse and the torture that I had to endure everyday. The bruises that I had to cover up before I came to work every morning. The wounds that I had to stitch because sometimes he took it too far.

Yes. How can I go from being verbally and physically abused by my father, for it to happen again by the man I loved.

It sounds like it's not possible but trust me it is.

Mr brown knew I was in a relationship. He knew that we broke up but he didn't know the reason why we did. He thought it was a healthy break up. He even met Nathan. He thought we looked happy. Don't worry I thought that too.

That was until he hit me for the first time 1 year ago.

He said it was an accident. That he wasn't thinking clearly. That I was the only person in the room and he accidentally took it out on me. That he was so sorry. That it'll never happen again. That he loves me. That he doesn't want to lose me. For a couple of months I really believed that. I really did.

We were happy.

He used to kiss me every moment he could, shower me with affection, cook me food, treat me like I was his queen and he was my king.

That was until he hit me again. And he had the audacity to say sorry, to say he didn't mean to do it and again it was an accident. But this time I never believed it. I wasn't going to let someone take their anger out on me like my father did.

I wasn't going to let that happen, not again.

So I told him I'm leaving. I told him that I am packing up my stuff, and I'm going to stay with Mr Brown, until I get my own place.

He never let me leave.

"I am done!" I mumble, wiping off the blood from my nose and pushing his chest away.

"Huh." He looks at me confused pulling away from the hug that he brought me in. "What do you mean you're done?" He asks, his voice raising.