Starter pokemon

~Y/N's pov~

-alarm blaring-
"Hmmm...What time is-"

I gasp as I scramble to find my clothes and brush my teeth. Why? Well today is the day we get our starter Pokemon! Me and my friend Deku already know what Pokemon we want to choose but if I'm late I won't get one.

"Hi mom!"

I scream on my way out the door. I don't bother to listen to what my mom says as I leave. I stop by Deku's house to see if he's awake.

"Hey Y/n! You ready to go?" He says as he grabs his PokeBall hat and puts it on.

"Totally!" I reply and we started walking to the Pokemon professor's lab.

~Timeskip to when you guys get there~

(Professor's pov)

"Hello children!" I say with a loud voice in hopes that they can all hear ne even though there's only like 10 of them here.

"I'm sure you all know why you're here! There are 3 Pokemon you can choose from, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander. Choose wisely because you will have to keep your starter Pokemon for at least 5 months."

Now the kids are very excited for their Pokemon. I'm happy to see so many kids interested in my creation.

"There are three nurses here to give you your Pokemon, Pokedex, and Pokeballs, please line up where you see a picture of the Pokemon you want." I say as I leave the auditorium and get back to my studies.

(Y/N's pov)

I get in the Squirtle line as I watch Deku get in the Bulbasaur line.

I'm so excited. I think to myself as it's almost my turn then before I could blink some kid pushes me behind him, taking my spot in line.

"Ow! Hey who do you think you are?!" I yell in a fit of aggravation.

"Oh sorry it appears you don't know me. I'm Momo Yaoyorozu and I'm rich so I can do what I want! Now step back and let me keep your spot!" The girl laughs as she proceeds to wait in my spot.

Spoiled much?

~After getting your Pokemon (Squirtle)~

I rush to meet up with Deku who appears to be arguing with a blonde kid.

"Hey Deku! What's going on here?"

I ask as I notice the blonde haired kid start to blush.

Clearly pissed Izu said the kid was bothering him because they didn't choose the same Pokémon. Soon enough I recognize the kid as the son of Psychic type Pokemon gym leader Mitsuki.

"Well, just because you didn't choose the same Pokémon doesn't make either one of you stronger or weaker than the other. It's not the Pokemon you choose its how you battle."

I tried responding as calmly as possible but the kid kept insisting he was better. At this point I'm starting to get tired of it.

"Okay fine if you're so confident meet me in viridian city in a week! We'll battle there. My name's  Katsuki by the way."

"So be it." I reply and continue to think about it. Izu tried to see if I wanted to stay out a little longer but tomorrow I start my Pokemon journey so I can't stay out too long.

~At home~

"Hey mom! I'm home!" I yell out to my mom. "Hey Y/N sweetie what Pokemon did you get?" My mom replies with a concerned expression on her face.

"I got Squirtle like I said I wanted... Why?" I was a little concerned but didn't let it show.

You see my dad is a fire type trainer and wants me to be one too but in reality I wanna be a water type trainer. He said if I went through with a water type Pokemon he'd disown me and at this point I don't care but then again what would he do to  my mom if I left her here...

Then a loud burst was heard at the door. My dad walked in with a grin on his face.

"Hello Y/N."
"Hello father"
I reply with my head down.

"You know why I'm here I assume? I hope you took what I said into consideration."

I take a deep breath and let Squirtle out of the PokeBall. "And if you have a problem you can  take it up with me." I yell at my father, I'm tired of being afraid of him.

He let's out a deep sigh and says that he was disappointed but proud I managed to stand up to him. He just turns to leave and said he hopes to see me challenging his gym soon. Probably won't happen but then again it might.

I agree and walk up the stairs into my childhood room.

"Man I'm tired... That Katsuki kid was no joke. He was kinda cute tho."

I change my clothes and get ready to lay down when there's a knock on my window. I rush to the window to see Katsuki outside my window.

"IDIOT! COME DOWN HERE BEFORE I COME UP THERE!!" He screamed up the building and I don't know why but I ran down the stairs with a blanket over my shoulders.

"What do you want?! My mom is going to sleep! You trying to get me killed?" I whisper yell outside the door.

"Shut up, I just wanted to ask you if you maybe wanted to- nevermind.. just know 'I didn't mean the whole I'm better than you part' from earlier. I just try to make my self look better than other people. So I'm- sorry.:

I am flabbergasted. The bitch of the west actually apologized. From what I heard from Midoriya he's been the biggest bully since before I even moved here, never apologizing to anybody. So why is he apologizing to me?!

"Thanks for apologizing. And I know what you were about to ask. I'll talk to Izu about it it would be wrong to just leave him alone. Now can I go back inside?!"

"Oh, Um yeah sorry." He replied before turning around to leave. I follow suit and head back inside being as quiet as possible so I don't wake my mom up. Upstairs I throw my blanket and fall asleep as soon as I hit my bed.

The world is so confusing sometimes.

~•Hey guys author here! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of 'Caught you!' this is some info about me!
I love anime I watch Naruto, My hero academia, Black Butler, Kakegurui and a few others. I'm also non-binary and use they/them pronouns. I'm new to writing fanfictions so please don't judge 🥺. I will however take constructive criticism. I will try to update every 2-3 days but I have a chaotic family so I might not make this expectation. I'll see you later!•~