Chapter 1

Tris POV
There's a yellow light that I see from behind my closed eyes. I can hear people yelling and glass shattering. When I finally open my eyes, I see that I'm laying on a cot in what seems to be a hospital room. I now see that the light was coming from the bright lamp towering above my face. Then I hear the yelling and glass shattering again. Where is that coming from?! As I'm about to get up from the pale white cot im laying on, Tobias comes bursting into the room. He looks like he's aged by six years because of the bags under his eyes and the stubble on his chin. When he sees me he runs over to me, nearly tripping on the frame of the cot.
"Tris," he says sounding like he's just finished running up six buildings,"is it really you? Are you really alive after two years?"
"Yeah it's really me. But i haven't been unconscious for that long, have I?"
"You've been out for two hectic years alright." He says tensing up on the word hectic.
"How have I been out for that long?" I ask curious as to what could have done that to me.
"David shot you as you pressed the button to stop the release of the memory-erasing serum and then you slipped into a coma. I thought I lost you forever."he explains with tears streaming down his face.
"I'm here now. I promise." I say trying to soothe his tears. I like seeing him vulnerable like this, but this time he's bringing me to tears with him.
At that moment Caleb bursts through the pale white doors that separate my room from the hallway. He's wearing a whute lab coat with his name printed in gold cursive on the top left of the coat. He must be one of the Erudite doctors. His face is red and he has his left arm hugged close to his chest craddled with his right arm. His face looks tired like the world rests on his shoulders.

"TOBIAS EATON! I thought I told you to wait in the hall for 5 minutes so we could check to be sure her vitals are all in order!" He yells so loud that I'm sure people on the other side of the city could hear him.
Then I realize that the yelling and shattering glass was Tobias trying to get past Caleb and the other doctors to come in to see me. I feel a smile creeping across my face as I think of Tobias fighting for me.
"Tris!" I'm snapped out of my moment of happiness by Caleb shouting my name as loud as he had shouted Tobias's.
"Yeah?" I reply seeing that Tobias was now sitting in a chair just outside my door. I must have missed seeing him leave.
"Doctor Sharron Xavier will be in in a moment to run some tests on you to be sure your body is in full working condition. If all goes well then you will be released to go home as soon as you wish to." He walks out of the room just as, who I assumeto be Doctor Sharron Xavier, steps into my room with a bottle of a blue, gooey mixture.
"Hello Beatrice-" She starts but I cut her off.
"It's Tris, just Tris." I correct her.
"Okay just Tris. I'm sure Doctor Caleb already told you but I'm going to be running some tests on you to make sure your body is functioning properly," She explains.
*****************************************
Time lapse (2 hours)
After all of the test were run, Tobias came into my room and sat down on the chair next to my cot-bed.
(Tobias in Italics and Tris is normal.)
"Hey" He says with glassy eyes staring at me as if I'll vanish the moment he looks away.
"Hey" I reply without looking up to meet them.
"I've missed you so much," he says. "I never imagined that you would ever wake up and now that your hear and conscious, I don't know what to say. I feels like you were mever gone."
"I know what it's like to miss someone that much and I'm so sorry that I put you through that for two years." I say hoping to ease his pain, but I can't stop myself from saying more,"I should have let Caleb go into thr lab and save the city; I just couldn't bear to feel the guilt of having sent him to his death bed. I didn't want him to end up like everyone else that had saved me."I'm on the verge of tears.
"Tris, hey, Tris," he says with a voice as comforting as I have ever heard him speak in,"it's okay, you're here now and I think I've hit your brother enough that he also feels bad for letting you go into that lab. They said you could go home today but I don't think you have a home here..." He says with a smirk.
"Continue." I push him forward knowing exactly what he's going to say next.
"I was wondering if you would move in with me?" He finishes with a smile playing on the corners of his mouth.
"I would love to." I say glad to have him back after apparently two years in a coma.
"Great. Let's sign some paperwork and get out of here." He says with mock frustration in his voice.