✨Chaper 1- Sun City✨

CHAPTER 1: SUN CITY

***

The mighty sun slowly made its way across the sky as the deep orange rays turned into burning yellow. These rays hit against a ginormous circular mirror and the reflected rays passed through such hundreds of mirrors before converging to the top of the fountain placed at the centre of the green garden. The intensity of the illuminated rays gave rise to burning flames in the mashal as it glowed. And then the rays fell on a beautifully carved murti of Lord Shiva with his Trishul and the goddess of creation Parvati by his side.

This was Sooryapradesh. The Sun-City. Always blessed with the first ray of the mighty sun.

Surrounded by mighty mountains to it's north and a flowing river to the west, it also had a dense forest also called 'Mayavi Jungle' to the east and dry desert to the south, Sooryapradesh had all the boundaries decided by the natural entities.

Each boundary famous for it's myth about 'the supernatural'.

The 'Mayavi Jungle' was named so due to the illusions it created. The one who made it inside had no guarantee that he or she would find the way out. The illusions of the exit were so real that it could make the sane people question their own sanity.

Myth was that the Goddess of creation had cursed a pack of humans to the live their lives as wolfs for the rest of their mortal life. Blood-thirst would make them crave for the exit to hunt but the illusions would stop them. Trapping and Starving them to their very own death. Different folklores had different versions of the same story.

In folklore of Sooryapradesh, it was said to be under the control of 'Beasts of Night'. The beasts who could blend with the normal people in the bright daylight but would devour the same normal people as soon as the night fall crept in.

The mountains were said to be captured by the 'Servants of Nature' or the 'Elemental Witches'.

The folklore had it that, the last elemental witches were hunt down and burnt to ashes by the knights, cursing the place forever with their angst. The reason behind the massacre was said to be burnt with the witches and mix with their ashes. With dangerous animals lurking around, it was almost impossible to cross this boundary of Sooryapradesh.

The desert being a curse itself, it was never given too much attention until there was a war between the kingdoms. And the ever flowing river was the ultimate source of life for the subjects of Sooryapradesh.

The subjects.

Or as refered to as 'Rayat', were merry people. They worked hard for their stomach to be filled. And also to make Sooryapradesh a centre for all the important trades amongst the other kingdoms. The market of Sooryapradesh was famous for it's gold, indigo dye and the long grains of rice. This was possible due to immense hard work and knowledge put in by the administrative council.

The administrative council of Sooryapradesh was built up by the original Sooryavanshi-s. The ruling family and one of the most powerful Dynasty.  The ministers were thoroughly tested for various duties before being appointed. It was this procedure that made the council fit to work for the welfare of the subjects.

And ultimately came the King. Dhananjaysinh Sooryavanshi. Being the eighth king of the Sooryavanshi Dynasty, Dhananjaysinh was a just ruler. He took care of every single inconvenience caused to his subjects and strived to make Sooryapradesh a happy and Safe place for every soul who would come to find home in it. Inspite being young, Dhananjaysinh was well-versed with each and every crook of the administrative studies known at that era. His presence alone made his rayat feel safe and sound.