[ 19 ]

Waking up was a chore today it seemed. Her eyes just wanted to close again as she forced them open long enough to take a shower. Sadly, even the water couldn't help the lingering tiredness. Now she needed to eat something for breakfast before it got too late. It was already 11 in the morning!

     "Hey, Lotus!"

     Who would be here at 11 AM? On a day they had nothing to do on? There were better places to waste time at, one not being her house. 

     She paused mid-step out of her room, appearing as if she were a deer in headlights. Kenny stood near the front door with Ha-sun and Jackson. Finally, she noticed Jake standing near his brother staring at an open book in his hands that she couldn't see the cover of. But he soon looked up and gave her a polite smile and wave which she ungracefully returned.

     If she knew Chance's friends were going to be there, she would've stayed in her room. Then again, she couldn't exactly do that today of all days. 

     "How are you feeling?" Kenny questioned her as she picked at the hem of her sweater.

     "I'm feeling fine." She looked down at the ball that Ha-sun was carrying, "Are you guys going to play soccer again?"

     "Yeah, we're taking this chance to play! You know, once we go back to school, we'll probably have to stop for a while."

     They didn't necessarily have to stop if they weren't doing anything bad to take up their time...but they were doing bad things in their spare time. Even then, they still had time to play so it always confused her when they didn't. Even if they didn't have a huge group to properly play soccer, it barely made a difference. 

      Hold up, why did Chance always play soccer anyway? Didn't he like basketball or something?

     "I didn't know he likes playing that..." She murmured. 

     "I thought it was pretty obvious," Jake said. 

     "Hell yeah, we're going to become some of the best players, I just know it." Kenny commented, "Your brother's pretty good, you know."

     "He is?" She rose a brow in denial. 

     "Pft, he's not the best though."

     Jake's debonair statement didn't get a negative reaction. Kenny only shook his head in half-hearted disapproval. 

     "He's just joking around," The older boy dismissed, "You should join us again today. I'll be sure to give him some competition, haha!"

     Lotus faltered at the invite. Yeah, she still felt gauche around Kenny and Jake, even more so around the other two who were currently talking about some sunstargram models. And even if she felt like she could have a literal breakdown if she went with them, she had plans. Very important plans that had made her so tired in the first place. 

     "You should! I brought my Two Piece volume one today just in case you decided to tag along." Jake added, holding up the book. 

     "...I'll go." She said and stared down at her clothes. She wasn't planning on going out today so she just threw on her sweater and a pair of her bunny pyjama shorts. There was no way she was going out looking like this.

     "Let me just—" She backed into her room and before shutting the door, finished what she was saying, "–change."

     It didn't take too long. She just changed her bottoms and made sure to brush her hair out because, again, there was no way she was leaving with a nappy head.