Chapter 2

Tiberias "Cal" Calore VII was extremely respected within the kingdom of Norta from the moment he was born. He, like his father, was an important part in the making of Norta today. It would never have been thought possible that he could ever betray his father and country.

At a young age, Cal lost his mother. Many think that the lack of a mother figure for part of his life caused him to betray the kingdom. Others, still, refuse to believe that he could have ever done such a thing. Many of you already know about Prince Tiberias VII's backstory, but some of you don't, so here it is.

Tiberias Calore VII was born on October 31, 300 NE to King Tiberias VI and Queen Coriane. When he was around age one, his mother tragically died. A couple years later, after the king had married Queen Elara, his brother, Prince Maven, was born.

The two boys grew up together and became the best of friends. Prince Tiberias was trained for war and grew up knowing that he would have to go through Queenstrial, just like his father and his father before him. He knew he didn't have much freedom. He grew up knowing that he wouldn't be able to make his own choices. He knew what the consequences of being the crown prince were.

All of his life, he had private tutors and teachers. He never got the chance to adventure far away from the palace, so, eventually, he started building and creating things. He built transports and armor, tools and machinery. He didn't appear publicly for a while, but his father eventually forced him to. Eventually, Cal started to become rebellious, but not in huge ways, like going against his father's wishes and the kingdom's laws. He started to go out at night. He would leave the palace and drive on his motorcycle to a nearby Red village. It was on one of these nights that he met none other than Miss Mare Barrow.

It was a clear, cool night and Prince Tiberias was standing outside of a Red tavern. It was there that someone tried to pick-pocket him. He grabbed the person's wrist to stop them, and the person ended up turning around to look at him.

The person was a seventeen year old girl by the name of Mare Barrow. This was the first time that they met. The next was at Queenstrial when Barrow fell into the ring. It was Prince Tiberias fault that Barrow was even at Queenstrial in the first place. He was the one that had recommended her for a job as a servant at the palace. Many do not believe this to be a coincidence, seeing as he and Barrow were the two that betrayed the kingdom.

As the weeks went on with Barrow in the palace as Mareena Titanos, she and Cal spent quite a bit of time together. There were nights when Mare would leave her room and go to meet Cal to have a dancing lesson. There were times when Barrow wanted to see her family back in the Red town she used to live in and Cal drove her there on his bike.

We believe that one of the times that Tiberias and Barrow were in the town was when they came into contact with the Scarlet Guard and started communicating with them from the palace. We found multiple Scarlet Guard operatives in the palace, so we have reason to believe that there are still more. We think that those who are left will stop or lessen their communication with the Scarlet Guard once the prince and Barrow are gone.

Many people have thought that we should have put a spy from the palace into the Scarlet Guard. We would have done that, but it is lucky enough that Tiberias was allowed in, being a Silver. The Guard seems to only be made of Reds, so Silvers from the palace would most likely not be let in.

Of course, we probably should have been trailing Barrow and Cal more carefully and watching their every move, but we did not think that this was necessary. Obviously, we were wrong. We now understand our mistake and will try not to make it again.

I think that that is all the information on Cal that is needed, so, let us move on to the next topic.