1 ↳ ♡ Only the beginning

The overcast sky told me that today was going to be bleak. Today was the day the ninja of the Hidden Leaf Village were going to graduate. Some of us are going to become Genin, while the ones that fail have to repeat the academy.

It's not as happy as you thought it would be. If you graduate, life will only begin to become harder. I know I'll pass. I worked hard to get to the spot I'm at. After all, I wasn't originally born in the Hidden Leaf Village.

I was born in Kumogakure, a member of the Marchosias clan. A clan much like the uchihas of the Hidden Leaf. My clan was slaughtered, but not all of them. After my father's death, my mother thought it was best to move to the hidden leaf. Later on, my mother died of natural causes, or so they say. I had become an orphan. For as long as I could remember, I had grown up in an orphanage. But, I was one of the lucky ones. I had been adopted, leaving all of the other kids behind. I had no use for them. It was not like I had made friends with them; I was a toddler.

Sometimes I wonder if my life would be any different if I had my parents. Would I be, dare I say, happy? Those thoughts do enter my mind, but I pay them no attention. I don't have time for silly thoughts. No matter where you go, you'll always find danger. You can't play around and act childish on a battlefield. I had to learn that at a young age, I couldn't end up like my parents.

No one believed I could make it as a ninja. They tore down my dreams, but I didn't care. I worked hard to prove them wrong, and though I didn't make any friends on the way, I did meet a boy who I related to. Someone who also knew what it felt like to not have anyone believe in you.

Although we aren't friends, We do understand one another, and we work together to try to improve each other. He considers us friends, but I don't know what we are. It's hard to make friends. I'm much like Uchiha. I'm hell-bent on revenge, but I'm not in a rush to achieve it. I know that one day I'll be able to achieve my revenge and that I'll have enough power to complete it.

My clan is known for having a Kekkei genkai, Dojutsu, to be exact. It was given the name "Mortem ex Amore." It grants the user the ability to control other people's minds, but only if they stare at them. Controlling people can have a huge effect on both the user and the person. If the person being controlled has their mind slowly eaten alive, if the user uses their Dojutsu for too long, it can cause them to become selfish and lose the feeling of love.

Enough about me. I had managed to waste a few minutes talking to myself. Due to Naruto being Naruto, we all had to suffer by redoing the art of transformation. Master Iruka has probably been calling my name for a couple of minutes now. "Sorry, master, Iruka." To be honest, I didn't really care. I couldn't wait to leave this place. "Lotus, you're next to perform the art of transformation." Master Iruka's annoyance could be heard in his voice. To not waste any more time, I had to perform the art of transformation, turning into Iruka. It was a pretty good transformation, so I was free to go back to daydreaming.

I had asked around, and apparently, Naruto had managed to piss Master Iruka off even more. Naruto showed off his "Ninja center-fold". It's a pretty perverted tactic to use. I'll admit it'll work in case you need to escape, but there's no way in hell that'll work on a battlefield. He really needs to work on his priorities. Everyone knows that the kid can't even make a decent shadow clone. Today was graduation. Of course, all we had to do to pass was make three perfectly usable clones. To be honest, it's a simple thing that we should all be able to do. Minus Naruto, but he's a special case. As usual, my clones were good enough to pass.

I had gotten bored of waiting around. Knowing no one was going to show up to pick me up from the academy, I just walked myself home. To be honest, I hated it. That's why I didn't make friends. I don't need people to constantly pity me just because I don't have an actual family. I do just fine on my own. I don't need pity to keep me going. I tend to spend my time in the forest; it's quiet and far away from prying eyes. That's where I am currently, with the smell of grass heavy in the air. It was always my favorite smell. Being in this little closed-off paradise always managed to make me feel a little bit of happiness.

This is where it ends for now. I managed to make it home before dark. My guardian was fast asleep by the time I returned. Not like it mattered to me. I was far too tired to care. Of course, I had eaten before I had made it home. Food was far from my mind as I had mindlessly fallen into a slumber.