-2-

Reina POV

The bell rang signaling the end of the period.

"That's lunch people," Koro-sensei announced. "If you'll excuse me, I have some important off campus business to attend to."

"Tofu from China?" Isogai guessed.

"Actually, I'm catching a ball game in the Big Apple... Ciao." He unexpectedly flies out the window, leaving a cloud of dust behind. Once the dust settles, I start packing my books back into my bag.

"He sure knows how to make an exit," Yoshida grumbles.

"I know! That thing is starting to get on my nerves," Terasaka agrees.

"Talk about unfair," Kurahashi complains as I start to walk to the front. "We're stuck here while he flies all over the world, he could at least bring souvenirs."

"Think about what he'd probably bring back," Kataoka reasoned. "Are you that hard up for a mortar shell?"

"I'm just saying an exotic snack would be nice. It's not like he has to sneak them through customs."

"You've dedicated a lot of thought to this. If it makes you feel better, I can ask my uncle to bring some snacks from the US next time he visits," I suggested.

"Really?! That would be great, thanks Sato!"

"No problem."

"So, hey, what's New York's chief export?" Isogai asked behind me.

"I dunno, booze?" Maehara guessed.

"Sucks we're not drinking age."

"I think Tito Alejandro said that their chief export is diamonds," I interject.

"Really, no wonder New York is full of skyscrapers."

"Man, New York girls are hot!" Okajima exclaims, drool leaking out of his mouth. "Especially the blondes!"

Maehara ends up expressing his agreement, which prompts me to slap the back of his head. Men can be so perverted.

"Damn! Can you imagine if one came back with him as a transfer student?" As Okajima says that, the door opens and Mr. Karasuma and one of his colleagues enter the room.

"Oh, Mr. Karasuma," I greet as he comes up to the front.

"Children. Any progress on killing the tentacle menace?" He asks.

"Define progress," Nagisa inquired. The rest of us sigh and look down. How we are now, we might never be able to kill him. But that doesn't mean we can't get better.

"Yeah, this is E-Class yo," Hazama speaks up. "You gotta lower your expectations."

"All due respect sir, he's too quick," Isogai protested.

"Like so quick, you can't even see him sometimes," Maehara added.

"You said so yourself: he tops out at Mach 20. How do you kill something like that?" Okajima questioned.

"I don't know. But you kids figure it out," Mr. Karasuma answered.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously, you're the only hope we've got." What? "He teaches willingly. Putting himself in the line of fire by choice." Great. "If we allow that creature to live, come March, Earth will be totally annihilated. And, in case you need a reminder of how powerful he is, take a look at what's left of our moon. That'll be our planet in a year. In short, he's too dangerous to take lightly. That's why this classroom is the last stand between mankind and extinction."