Part 1

A Trip Down Memory Lane
⚠️gore, death, people being eaten⚠️
Y/N's point of view (Secondly)

A lot has happened since it all started, the fighting, the killing, the bloodshed never ends. You were barely safe even if you boarded up your house. You would often wonder to yourself, 'How did this come to be?' And the answer was always the same.

You were 9 when it happened, when you and your friends had wandered too far from home, too far into the woods. You were playing with them when they came, the Monsters. There had been a lack of food since the war had started, no one had expected it to be this bad. The monsters had circled you and your friends, you looked up to your friends. They were much older than you, the youngest other than you was 17. It was hard for you to make friends your own age since all the kids your age had been sent off to who knows where.

A tall Monster, it looked like a wolf, told you and your friends, "Don't run and you won't get hurt."

Your friends were already running. They were leaving you behind. You wanted to run with them, but you froze. You were unhurt, your friends however... You knew wouldn't be, because you watched the Monsters catch them. Monsters, they were all tall, they all had sharp teeth.

These Monsters were cruel, how dare they try to prove their humanity after ripping your friends apart limb by limb, their screams filled the air, along with the putrid smell of their blood. You couldn't move, even if you tried, and you did try, but you couldn't. Your heart was beating so loud you could almost hear it over the shrieking and screaming of what were your friends. Then it all stopped as quickly as it began, you looked around, you couldn't move your head but you moved your eyes, you wished you hadn't when you saw their blood soaked organs, their eyes stared back through their skull, half of your friend was already gone, the screams were replaced by munching and slurping noises, you gagged a little bit you couldn't move.

Something came, something scared them away, they were so scared they left your friends corpses. You were able to move again you slowly turned your head, afraid of what you would see. It was 9 feet tall at least. A skeleton wearing a red jacket.