Chapter 1: The Stranger Lady

Silence broke in the Baroque residence when the youngest daughter of the head suddenly barged in her father's workspace seemingly distraught... Or so the staffs would like to say.

"Oh good heavens!" The head yawped visibly shaken by his daughter's brusque action. "Manners! Gwen!"

"I apologize father," appears that her father's reprimand had come across her. Guinevere tenses and quickly fixes her look. Tended her hair and stood straight before bowing to greet her father.

Still a bit furious he sighed before pardoning his daughter.

"You're forgiven. And anyway, what has gotten you that worked up for?" Rolling his eyes away from her daughter and back into the papers he was previously handling before he was interrupted.

"You see... Father,"

The daughter fidgeted. Eyes appearing to be bashful.

"I've found love!" she exclaimed in delight with both of her hands clasped.

Astounded. Guinevere has left her father feeling astounded by her sudden declaration. And well, vexed as his mouth is agape.

"Guinevere Baroque..." He mumbled as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I told you to look for your brother! And who is this person you speak of that caught your attention!? Didn't I say that you are to be engaged with one of the Paxley's sons?" Slamming the documents on his desk, he spat as if there's no tomorrow.

Guinevere shivered at her father suddenly raising his tone at her. "Y-you see, father..."

"It seems that brother Lance has gone way too far from our fief... I couldn't catch him at all! When has he gotten that quick, I wonder? Ha ha ha..."

The head wasn't pleased at all. But given that it is his son that they are talking about, it wasn't much a surprise. Moving on, he has to take in her daughter's quite elusive remark earlier. Love? My daughter? Impossible. It was just yesterday when she was still not fond of the concept of marriage.

"Now, what is this about love that you told me..." Rather than frustration, the head slowly grew more worried. It is his daughter, despite him being a stern head of the Baroque. He is essentially weak to his youngest, a daughter at that fact.

"E-eh... You aren't mad?"

"Not yet, I am just about to decide after I hear the entirety of your story. It seems that a lot has happened since I asked you to bring Lancelot back here."

The head sat down and gestured his daughter to sit, assuming that it'll be a long tale telling.

But Guinevere didn't like waiting any longer.

"I believe that she's from the Crimson Falcon tribe."

The head jolted at the fact his daughter revealed, "... That tribe...?"

.
.
.

The Moniyan Empire is the largest territory unit there is in the Land of Dawn. The empire is divided into four parts, each governed by different tribes. The west is given to the Ivory Crane tribe, it is a part of the land where nobles who ships precious stones, jewels, and metal resources resides, the Baroques are one of them. Aside from that, the Ivory Crane tribe holds second to the highest authority over the empire as the highest naturally goes to the governor of the northern part of the land, the Imperial Eagle family. The Silver Swan tribe came in third in power and who are currently reigning over the east part of the empire. They value elegance and dislikes conflicts therefore they often come in neutral in terms of political affairs and chooses to side with no one. Last but not the least is the tribe that comes on par with the Ivory Crane tribe in terms of authority, the Crimson Falcon tribe. The Crimson Falcon tribe is the military force of the Moniyan Empire, they are feared with their intimidating aura and natural combat skills and instincts.