5. keep burning (no matter where you go)

5. keep burning (no matter where you go)

 keep burning (no matter where you go)

Kurama and Shinsuke play soccer. It's magical-- a sight that's entirely new to the people of this dimension-- but none of that matters if they can make the last joyful memories together here, right now, before it all ends again.

Shinsuke leaves.

Kurama stays to fight.

-

-

-

The explanations were, unexpectedly, not as difficult as he'd thought.

The concept of time travel was pretty simple if you broke it down– people already had impressions of it in sci-fi media anyways. All they had to do next was say they got caught up in a future political war to eradicate soccer, it's a long story, yada yada.

"Sounds tough," is all they can offer from there.

"We can't get back home without the caravan, so all we can do now is wait," Kurama says. And he looks away, trying to think of a better way to say probably forever. "If they can find us soon, that'd be great."

Being thrown into another world, with no one to be associated with, no one to rely on, and no identity to lean back on–- it wasn't something the Raimon of this era could ever imagine.

"So that's why you feigned amnesia and hid everything from us, and immediately ran away from the hospital once you could?" Kidou asks.

"That was still dangerous!" Aki chides.

"It's understandable, though," Fubuki says, "tensions are high now with all the alien business. It was probably for the best."

"Still, you could've died," Touko says, frowning. "If the guys at Hakuren didn't find you, you'd be worse off!"

Kurama nods. "I panicked," he says, in his defense. "I'm not like you guys, okay," he directed the last part at Shinsuke, "I don't have as much experience in other timelines as you."

Shinsuke chuckles. "It works pretty well if you just go with the flow! People are nice," he bows toward the Oumihara players. "I'm really, really thankful for the help. I don't know what I would've done without your help."

"Oh please," they blush, "it's just common decency! No biggie."

"Though you did freak me out since you fell in the middle of the night and all," Rinka says. "I'm scared to know what would've happened if I wasn't there."

Shinsuke chuckles.

"Well, that's enough for the explanations, isn't it?" Shinsuke says. "Enough of this sad talk! Didn't we come here for a practice match today?"