Chapter 3 - Mall

We were busy scurrying throughout the sewers when we finally found our way out. A red shining ladder is what it looked like with my hazy vision. "Go, go, go!" I said as I crouched down to cover fire Vi and Keir climbing up the ladder. My gun cracked eight times in a row until it was finally my turn to climb out the stinky sewers.

I reached out the manhole and closed it up and stomped on the lid to secure it and trapping down the lurkers. The trouble inside the sewer left us breathless and tired making us not realize we were in front of the mall.

"Hey, Ciara? Where are we suppose to go now?" Vi said while supporting herself with her knee, panting.

I stood up properly and put my rifle behind my back with the strap. "Well.. It's been a while since we ate.." I looked around, and noticed the mall. It felt kind of nostalgic seeing the usual mall I used to go everytime, but remembered that it has been two days since the last time I visited. "Maybe we should go there for now."

The two nodded and followed me as I exited the derailed roads and to the entrance of the mall. Lights are still blinking inside the doorways and lost myself into thinking that everything was fine until the usual dead corpses lays around inside and outside the mall. Blood smears on the floor, walls, and pillars reminded me of a paint spilling. The stench of blood rose up into my nostrils in which I can't bear to smell which made me instinctively cover my nose. "This place used to be full of living people? Now.. its full of either living corpses or dead ones."
I said.

"I wonder when this'll go back to normal?" Vi gently said.

"Hopefully soon.." I replied as we wandered throughout the mall heading towards the grocery store to grab something to eat. We entered various shops to find whatever we can and only to find empty shelves and display cases. " 'guess the grocery is the only place we can hopefully find something helpful." I suggested while sitting down in the middle of the mall hallways sipping down a can of juice that came from a vending machine that was luckily available.

I grabbed my gun and checked the magazine and counted on how many bullets it has. "Vi, and Keir, I only have two shots left, I won't be able to protect you guys after two shots." I put the magazine back in gun and continued "I may be athletic but that doesn't mean it can prevent those things from breaking my bones with just one grip."

"Keir and I do have destructive spells but.. we're mostly in support team in Ishtaro.." Vi said.

"Gah!" I stood up and said "Show me your destructive spells" I lean on one leg and put my hand on my hips.

Vi and Keir nodded at each other and they held hands and reached out with the other hand and made a giant magic circle. "