Untitled Part 3

I had my fair share of the club and the nightlife to serve a lifetime. I hadn't achieved my goal of chatting up any girls; that was okay.

Adorning her black leather skirt and leopard print shirt she was a creature that was not meant to be tamed. Sam looked at me with her beautiful hazel green eyes, like a beam of neon I couldn't take my eyes off them. I thought about a distant memory of me and Sam. The chirping birds in the distance set the cheerful tone. My memory escapes me but I'm pretty sure We were seven years old. I was all by my lonesome. At school, I saw a short figure cross the blacktop of the basketball court.

"Hey, you're name's Luke isn't it?" the auburn-colored hair girl asked. As if I had mutism my tongue turned to stone, the truth was I could have said anything, it wouldn't have mattered.

"There's no pressure, I just wanted to talk to you, hehe," she said gleefully. We jumped hop-scotch, merely something to kill time. "What do you wanna be when you grow up?"

"I wanna be a movie star!!" I said naively, even then I was self-absorbed and didn't ask her what her dreams were.

She pulled out her phone, at that age there was no concern for the damage that owning a phone did on a child.

"You are now officially famous!" Sam always had the innate ability to make me feel special.

Was this happiness I was feeling? Ahh nostalgia, such a sweet pain that painkillers couldn't even numb. Her eyes held everything I wanted: but it ended there; she was with Bruce and that wouldn't change soon. I had my chance when Sam confessed herself to me last year, I was just too much of a coward to act upon it.

"Having fun, Luke?" Sammi asked.

"Yeah,I had," I corrected myself, "I'm having fun." I smiled lightly.

"I'mas loose as a goose," Bruce howled. "See if you can't score us something before we leave because this place is dead, soon every guy is going to be crowded around Sam."

Scoring something could only mean one thing, hardcore drugs. I went to the bathroom to begin my search. I knew that this spot had a drug dealer in the bathroom from previous excursions. I was greeted by the peddler. He had a wild nest of hair which formed an afro, and a trench coat straight from the Matrix; it looked like he had just woken up from sleep but the deep bags underneath his eye suggested otherwise. With bloodshot eyes, he licked his chops, scanned me from head-to-toe and locked eyes with me; without so much as a blink, like a tweaked-out zombie. At first, I was hesitant, I thought this guy was a narc. Someone bought something from him dissipating any doubts.

His jaw ground together as he spoke, "I've got uppers, downers..." I cut him off, "I get the gist." Unflinchingly, he continually droned on. "...And everything in between." I was specifically intrigued by the in-between.

He sized me up and licked his lips yet again. "I know what you want."

"Yeah, and what's that?" I asked.

He pulled back the interior of his coat revealing a secret compartment. An Altoids bottle filled with little blue and red pills smiled back at me in the palm of his hand.

"This X is so good, it'll make you want to have sex with me," he smiled.

I wasn't sure if this was a sexual advance or not.

"How much?" I inquired.

"Fifteen a pop, I'll even throw in a tab or acid or two if you buy two."

"Fine, whatever." I wanted to get through this transaction as quickly as possible, preferably without being sexually assaulted. I discretely handed over the cash, this wasn't my first rodeo.