chapter one: our origin

reversal

____________________________________

emiko kaneko

or

emiko t

she is the average traumatized kid in japan.

emiko had a quirk, a broken family, and a terrible childhood that she'd rather forget than be able to relive.

living a life under the toga name had always been something emiko struggled with. she felt that it was a fake name. one that never really belonged to her.

everyone in the toga bloodline had been slaughtered for years. trauma had only been induced because of the name.

after all the pain and tragedy, she felt that the easier option was to erase that old and forgotten identity altogether.

if we take it back, the rundown of her life consisted of her biological mother having physical relations with three different men. all of which who are notably deceased. they were never involved, so she knew nothing about them.

mom never liked to unpack her past relationships and the girls didn't question their mothers' authority.

emiko had two other sisters. they all looked similar in specific aspects of their features.

the three girls also had a variety of differences that were easily distinguished.

they are also presumed dead.

emiko's birth mother died when she was seven years old at the hands of villains. they had taken everything from her.

beginning with her mother and sisters and ending with her entire childhood.

she would never truly know what happened that night. life was good one day, and the next she was a nobody with no name or an identity.

these villains had kidnapped emiko and forced her to undergo torture, experimental procedures, examinations, assassinative training—

murder.

all of it classified her as a product at a young age. she was barely a girl, but more of a walking experiment.

the extensive training and branding made that more than clear.

after being kidnapped, emiko was later forced to live with an adoptive family who wanted to have the picture perfect life.

they wanted to instill the routine of having scheduled family dinners, outings, lunches, family parties, and become this peaceful image that had peace.

all of the time.

the kaneko family was naive to think that the moment they had invited emiko into their lives that their feverish dream would become a reality.

it was easy for them to try and forget all of emiko's traumas. they didn't have to endure all that she had suffered.

they had the ability to act like they knew nothing of her origin. and i guess it was easier that way.

the moment she had met her new family emiko was more than aware that the old life she envied was always going to be out of reach.

it was all gone.

many would expect an eleven year old kid to have some resentment toward the arrangement, but she didn't.

the day her mother died, she knew everything was going to be different. she never asked questions. she simply— went along with it all.