Chapter One

( @dianathedeer  I felt so bad for how I handled this story, and wanted to delete it and forget about it, but then I remembered you, and didn't want to dishonor you. I picked up the story and I hope I did him a better honor now than before. I wouldn't have done this without you, so thanks)

I jumped as my mother kicked the door open. "You have a package!" She yelled, then placed the package on an unstable laundry case. Struggling to set everything down, I then rush to the falling object. The item hit my hands. I sighed in relief.

Then stood straight and brought it towards my bed. Getting on the bed myself. I read who it came from and smiled. My cousin!

She's a genius with technology and an inventor that tells me all about her crazy adventures and inventions. She's promised that once I leave Highschool that she'll set me up in this company. Since we're both are good with technology. My favorite cousin. It's been a while since I have talked with her.

I opened up the box to see a letter. "Sorry I've been super busy! I've got something to work! And the company is going to mass-produce this! I've wanted you to get one for free since I haven't talked in a while. Tell me about life! I've been focusing my work so I don't have much to talk about otherwise!" I chuckled at the sight, "I've talked with the CEO of the company (I don't know how but I've gotten close to him!) and he's excited about having you on the team! I'm so excited to see you again, and hopefully more often!"

I stated, "Accurate." Then sighed as I gently placed the letter in my cabinet with the other letters. Then pulled out the packaging and the item. A new phone... oh... OH!

AI! I read more about the item before starting it up. Trying to figure out what it does. I just got, 'Connect to your computer and it'll start up! It's like your friend that is connected online!' I didn't buy it, maybe she forgot to bring the instructions?

I rushed over towards my computer on discord. I would have her on my phone, but my family hates her for some reason. They would destroy my phone if they found out I kept in contact with her. "Hey, I got the package!"

"Finally! Have you started it up?"

"You didn't describe it well. I trust you, but I thought I would get more than 'friend robot!' what does this AI do? AI function? The coding behind it?"

"Here" She sent a link underneath.

I clicked on it and followed the site towards information. Not a lot but more than what I was sent. But enough to answer my question. "Oh, is it a company secret that you can't share much in?"

"Sadly yeah. I promise when you start him up he'll share with you!"

"Him?"

"Crap. The AI already has SOME settings BUT that's part of the design! He has a personality and everything, I hope you like him!"

I lean back, wow, what a surprise! An AI with personality and character? How similar is the coding to a human? I excitedly turn towards my device and hooked it up with my computer. I can trust my cousin with anything. And she actually told me enough to know what to expect!

"H-Hello. Wh-Wh-Wh-What's your name?"

I turned to his chest. Wouldn't the mechanics be in there? I reached over towards him.

"Ah! P-P-Please tell me you're doing that before you do! P-Please!" He cried.

"Is your voice box broken?"

"Ah, um, I-I can check." He paused for a moment, then, "No, I-my personality and programming makes it so I stutter. L-L-Like a shy personthatdoesn'tliketalking..."

"T-That's alright. I just wanted to make you were not... damaged?" I stated.

He smiled, "I'm M-Matthew."

"(Y/n)."

"What pronouns would you like me to call you by?"

"What?"

"You seem to change pronouns according to the records you use online."

My eyes widened, "You can record that? That's cool! B-But please don't!"

"Alright," He responded as quickly as a human does, "What would you like me to do then?"

My face turned red. "Oh... um... around my family, (dead pronouns), in general, (preferred pronouns).

He smiled. "Good to know, do you n-need some h-h-help with homework?"