The confession

Okay for this odd little story to make any sense we'll have to go back to when this mess all started. Three months ago to be exact.

Dream's POV:

My finger hovered over the left click button on my mouse, the cursor was moving back and forth between the "accept" and "decline" button deciding what to do.

I wouldn't usually be this indecisive about answering a call, especially one from my bestfriend, George. But with the awkward and unsettling past few weeks, and the almost obvious tension between us.

Or rather romantic tension between us.

I was nervous.

But that's not the only reason I'm a bit tense. The main reason would be the flurry of many odd messages I got when I opened discord.

Gogy <3

Hey

Can we talk?

If now's not a good time we can talk later

It's kind of serious tho

10:02am

Hellooooo?

Drem

Dream

Are you awake?

You nap?

11:15am

It's been like half an hour

Are you dead?

11:47am

Whatever i'm just gonna tell you rn

-Message deleted-

Nvm

Can you answer?

11:55am

The call disappeared for a second just for George to call back again. How important is this?

This time, still with a bit of hesitation, I clicked the answer button.

"Hello?..."

"DREAM!" I suddenly heard George scream into his mic.

I reply with a bit of a shocked tone in my voice due to the unexpected shout, "yes George, I am indeed Dream."

"What took you so long to answer, you could have just sent a text or something."

"How am I supposed to send you a text if I'm asleep?"

George pauses, "rude."

I slightly chuckle at his somewhat sassy remark, "ah yes I'm clearly the rude one, when you are spamming me with texts while I'm clearly trying to take a nap." I reply sarcastically, "And you wonder why I uninstalled discord on my phone."

"Still, rude"

The call goes silent for what seems like way longer than it should have.

I'm about to ask if George is still in the call but then I hear the faintest noise.

"Achoo"

"Sorry" George quietly says.

"Omfg that was the most adorable thing ever."

"No it's fine, it was cute-." I quickly stopped myself before I slipped up and said what I was thinking. But even so, George obviously heard it, and he wasn't an idiot so I couldn't say something to cover up my stupid mistake. But I could try.

My half asleep brain clearly wasn't working properly right now.

"Uhmmm, what?" George asked, obviously noticing what I said.

" IT'S COLD, YEah, It's cold here or rather it was cold here." I sheepishly replied.

"Why do I have to be so stupid!"

"Okay..."

An uncomfortableness fills the call.

"Anyway, why is it so important that we talk right now, is everything okay?" I ask. After I mentioned that the air grew anxious and uneasy and George went silent.

"Okay so, Dream, we've been friends for a long time now, and, well." He pauses.

"Have you noticed a difference in our, I guess, relationship lately?"

That one word coming out of his mouth made my heart flutter.

"Umm, what do you mean," I ask. I know what he means, the nights we stay awake talking together and discussing our future, the days where we talk about eventually meeting up and making something of ourselves. When we would stream and the chat would spam something stupid like "dnf" or "I ship it" and jokes we would make that may or may not be close to crossing the line. And of course the obvious blush that would grow on his face. I knew exactly what he meant.

George pauses, assuming he was a bit pissed off at the lack of awareness I had about our "situation". Or at least lack of awareness he thought I had.

"Have you really not noticed?"

"Noticed what?"

I hear a shaky sigh come from my headphones.

"... I like your Dream I like you a lot, and not in a friend kind of way. I like you in that kind of way."

I had a look of shock on my now really red face, I breathed out a small breath.

"Are... Are you serious?"

"...Yes"

I couldn't believe it. The man I've been practically in love with liked me back. I felt happy and relieved and amazed. George, he had porcelain pale skin with dark chocolate brown hair, eyes that you could look into and get lost in for eternity. He always wore these white and black retro glasses and a blue supreme shirt. It's like he's not a real human he's so beautiful. And he liked me.

The many nights I would think about telling him then and there, if I knew he felt the same this whole time I would have.

"I...I like you too, George"

"Wait you do?!" he said in a shocked manner.

"Yeah, wow I never thought you would like me. I mean now we can like be a couple...? I don't know maybe a bit later but when we meet up we could like go on a date or something." I say excitedly. "Oh sorry if I'm like overwhelming you a bit right now I'm just happy."

I didn't hear anything from George for a while after I said that, maybe I took it too far? I did get sort of excited, okay maybe very excited.

" Oh.." George finally says.

"This is a good thing right?" I ask, confused by the slight sadness in his voice.

"Well..." George starts, "I thought this would be a bit easier since you would just turn me down and that would be the end of it."

I am now very confused. What would be easier?

"But now..." he trails off for a moment before saying anything again.

"I'm really sorry Dream, and I really do like you, I might say I'm even in love with you, but..."

"We can't date"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bruh this kinda sucked but it'll probably get better... maybe.

Like around 1k words 

next chapter will be out in like a week or whenever I feel like writing.  - Lex :D