Episode 11: Exit Plan

Mike notifies Gus of Lalo's death. Then he briefs Jimmy: he should never mention Lalo's death to anyone and that he should put the blame on Nacho. (As a reminder, Jimmy is not aware of Nacho's death and thinks that he disappeared thanks to Ed.)

Jimmy comes back home. However, his mood changed: he is almost euphoric, like if it was his new coping mechanism. Kim hugs him. Jimmy says that Lalo is out of the picture for good. He suggests they take a few days off.

Gus comes to Lalo's burial place. He needed to see the corpse with his own eyes. Now the matter is solved. Last things on the list: dealing with the cartel and removing the remaining traces (he considers killing Nacho's dad).

Jimmy and Kim arrive at a resort facility. Kim seems to brighten up a bit, but she thinks about the offer she made to Gus (him becoming a donor to her pro bono practice) and she finds it hard to tell Jimmy.
Next morning, Jimmy goes to the pool, but Kim prefers to stay in their room. Montage, Jimmy is fully enjoying himself and even exchanging his lawyer card with some people. He gives life lessons speeches 'fucked or to be fucked'.
Kim looks at the window and sees him having a great time. She works out in the gym to free her mind.
Jimmy and Kim have lunch. Jimmy speaks enthusiastically about his next plan. He wants to buy a new office with the dirty money they received and expand his business. He asks Kim to help him with the money laundering process. But her mind is somewhere else.

Later on, Jimmy is having fun at the bar. He starts flirting with a random woman, nothing really physical but this is ambiguous. He seems a bit drunk. At one point, they go to a corridor. Jimmy pours his glass in the maid bucket in jest. They continue to laugh until the maid appears... Betsy Kettleman. (It is implied that she is trying to make ends meet after her husband was sentenced for money embezzlement.) Jimmy recognises her and he is a bit unsettled.

Back to his room, Jimmy feels messed up; he wants to go back to Albuquerque. Kim unveils the discussion she had with Gus and the offer she made to him. She feels guilty that she didn't tell him earlier. She is surprised that Jimmy is not upset; he even congratulates her.
She says that she made this offer to Gus on the spot and she doesn't know if she would be still interested to be remotely connected to a criminal. Jimmy advises choosing what pleases her, this is a great opportunity.

Gus meets with Don Eladio and the rest of the cartel to discuss Lalo's case. For several days, there have been no trace of Lalo and Nacho. Gus reiterates his version of the facts, that he doesn't know anything and Lalo killed his employee, Lyle. The Salamancas are not convinced, but as they don't have any evidence, Don Eladio agrees that Lalo is at fault and orders the Salamancas to find Lalo and sentence him.

Back at home, a new journey starts for Kim and Jimmy. Jimmy starts looking for a new office. Kim receives an email... from Madrigal for an interview at their office in Houston, Texas... She takes the first plane.

Late at night, Jimmy is heading to his car when suddenly the Salamanca Cousins (that he met during the 'Bagman' episode, cf. S5E8) kidnaps him to interrogate him on Lalo. He lies: he states that he knows that Lalo and Nacho had a plan in common but that Nacho betrayed Lalo and both of them disappeared all of a sudden. His sole involvement is that he acted as Nacho's lawyer. The cousins leave him alone, but threaten to hurt him if they discover that he lied... Jimmy is a bit shaken up.

The next day, Kim meets with Lydia at Madrigal. Lydia explains to her the job: she would receive donations for her pro bono activity, but she would need to become an employee of Madrigal. She would be consulted from time to time on corporate law topics as Gus is looking to expand his business distribution, but the rest of the time, she is free to work on her pro bono cases.
This was not what was agreed... Lydia: 'This is a take-or-leave offer.' Kim looks at the contract, weighing her limited options. She doesn't want to lose her independence, but at the same time, she would be able to dedicate her time to what she likes the most. But, can she trust Gus?
She politely declines.
Outside the Madrigal building, she starts smoking a cigarette. Then, after a few minutes of thought, she changes her mind. She wants the job. She goes back to Lydia's office to sign the contract...

TL; DR: Jimmy and Kim decide to take a break and go on vacation. Upon their return, Jimmy is interrogated by the Salamanca twins on Lalo's disappearance. Kim receives a job offer at Madrigal which would also allow her to continue her pro bono cases in exchange of her legal expertise as negotiated with Gus. At first reluctant, she eventually accepts.