Chapter 14

Sophia's POV:

Betty was standing there by the stairs giving me a smile.

"Hi" I said.

"Hay."

She started walking toward me. She sat next to me. We both looked at each other.

"Sophia I'm sorry. I really didn't mean..." I cut her off before she could say anything else.

"Don't be. It's okay. Not everyone could control they're feelings. Like I could control my feelings when I liked you."

"You liked me?!"

"Yeah but it was a long time ago. It was when you dated Chris."

"Oh that was a long time ago."

"Why me?!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Why do you like me?"

"Well, your sweet, nice, and your not that kind of person that is a bitch and that judges other people."

"Come on Betty! You know that isn't true."

"What do you mean?! Your all that. That's why everyone loves you."

"Not everyone."

"Yas everyone! Mostly me! Look I get if you don't like me that way."

"It's not that I don't like you. It's just that we've been through a lot. We have our sister moments. I don't want to lose that."

"No your totally right. I never thought of that."

"Look I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you."

"No no. This was a good talk. We should do it more often." She kissed me on the cheek and then left. She headed to the backyard. I watched her walk out until I couldn't see her anymore.

Then I looked forward.

'No sophia you can't fall for her. She's now your sister. come on you can do better' I had said to myself.

I watched some tv to keep that off my mind. I watched some past soccer games from the Barcelona and Real Madrid games. After about 2 hours the game had finished and Barcelona won 2-1.

After hours of watching tv, Betty can in. When I looked at her she made me feel something inside me.

I had no idea what it was.

THE FOLLOWING DAY

So today we finally have spring break. So Betty and I are having our ups and downs. Right now we barley even speak.

"Hay Sophia." Amaya said.

"Hay wassup?"

"How are you and Betty?"

"Idk it's complicated."

"You hate her huh?"

"Well i wouldnt say hate. I just dont want to talk to her right now. We both need our space."

"What are you gong to do now?"

"I dont know. I really hope to go on tour and play soccer again with the team."

"You really want to meet Becky G huh?"

"Of course. Besides she's hott."

"Of course you'd say that."

"What? Do you want me to just lie and say thats shes ugly? Because to be honest shes not."

"I know you'll meet her someday because i know that one day you will post those cover videos that you still have on your phone. Can you just post them?! Your a really great singer. I bet you that once you post it someone is going o want to sign you. Trust me."

"Why? I'm not even good. The person thats good is Becky G. She is good."

"Come on Sophia just give it a try. Just post one. Just one."

"I'll have to think about it."

"You might even get noticed by Becky." Once i heard her say that i quickly said,

"Get me my laptop and my iphone cord." Amaya went upstairs and i was sitting at the dinner table. Minuted later Amaya came down with my stuff. She set it on the table, and i started connecting my phone to the computer. I went on Youtube and and i was scrolling through my phone to see which one to post.

"Which one do you want me to post?" I said.

"I liked the "Apologize by One republic" but the acoustic version."

"You think so?"

"Sophia if you post it, everyone is going to love you. Just trust me."

I posted the video and just waited for it to upload. Once I did I was so nervous. Not even 5 minutes, I had already gotten like 300 views and 267 comments.

"Look at the comments."

I looked at the comments and all I was getting was...

"Your an amazing singer."

"Your voice is amazing."

"You should be on X Factor."

So on so on. The comments were continuing every minute or so.

"See what did I tell you." Amaya said.

"They're just people it's not like it's someone famous."

"So your not going to listen to all those people?"

"It doesn't matter to me. Look I don't know how I'm going to get signed by this. I'm just waiting my time. I'm already playing with the USA Women's soccer team. I think that's all I need. I don't think I need more fame than that."

"Look Sophia I know you want to get mentioned by famous people but look. Look at all those people that are in love with your talent. Most people don't have that talent. You can play soccer and sing. You have a gift Sophia. Do you understand?"

"Look Amaya I appreciate the help that your doing for me but I just can't do this. Thank you tho. It means a lot that you care."

I got up and went upstairs. I'm glad that Amaya cares and wants me to get noticed by people but that's not talent at all. I mean I'm just a person trying to fit in like everyone else.

Everyone's dream is to either be a famous singer, become a famous athlete, get accepted to college, get the job that they always wanted. All I wanted in life is to have friends that I can count on, have an amazing family, and my dream career was to either be on the USA Women's soccer team (which happen) or if that never worked out then I wanted to be a sports therapist.

Singing came up to my mind a couple times but i don't know. I never thought of posting covers online. I know I'm not going to get mentioned by a manager or someone famous.

So what do you guys think so far? I'm sorry I haven't been updating. Stuff came up and I didn't get the chance to update. I promise to update more often. I hope you guys are enjoying the story cause there is plenty of surprises coming soon.