OS: White Gown

White Gown
written by: exquisitesunset
Date Posted: December 31, 2021

I'm a fashion designer. I make beautiful gowns. My customers are always leave with a good impression about the gowns I made for them.

"Lui!"

I automatically smiled when I heard someone called me. Her voice is familiar to me. She is Melissa. The girl I liked for how so many long. I always hoped that someday I will make a white gown for her. That only suit for her. But my smile slowly vanished on my face when I saw something shiny wrapping on her finger. It's a ring. She giggled like a kid and showed me her hand, specifically to show her ring.

"I'm getting married!" she happily exclaimed. "And I want you to make my gown for my wedding!"

I don't... I don't know what to say. Yes, I will gladly make a gown for her. But for her wedding?! And I'm not the groom! That's absurd!

I sighed while staring at the paper where i draw the design of her gown. I already saw this scene in the future. She will be getting married for someone she dearly loved. And that someone is not me. But, still, I'm not prepared. Even though I'm emotionally hurt, I started to make her gown. I'm sure, she will be the most beautiful bride ever seen. This white gown will only belongs to her.

"You are so beautiful..." I whispered, intently staring at her.

When I heard someone walking towards me, I wiped immediately my tears. I turned around to see Gino, Melissa' fiancé. He tapped my shoulder. I smiled sadly. I never thought that this day will come.

"Condolence, Gino," I said. He looked to me and smiled sadly. Both of us looked to Melissa inside the coffin. Dead on arrival from a car accident and she is wearing the white gown I made for her.

-🌇-
EXQUISITESUNSET