I'm going to War?

Vinnie sat on her neatly made, plain tan cot that sat in the corner of the large tent. She opened the drawer and pulled out a pen and her little brown journal. Flipping through to a clean page she skimmed over all the letters she had written to her family and friends, but didn't due to her lack of confidence. 

Vinnie McCaw is a 17 year old veteran who has been illegally serving in the military for 14 months. How she got herself in this situation is quite a long story. Vinnie was 15 years old when her father shipped her off to boot camp where she was pushed to learn how to control her anger. While she was there a military scout was there looking for qualified soldiers. What Vinnie didn't expect was for the scout to take a notice in her talents and talk to her privately. They sat down with the head of the boot camp and had a long chat. The scout mentioning that they needed an immediate soldier to take back with him to Afghanistan. She could still remember that long "chat" very vividly. 

"Now Vinnie, I see that your papers have anger issues in big letters, why is that?", the scout asks as he folds his arms, genuinely intrigued by the 16 year old girl. 

"When I lived in Beacon Hills some people pissed me off, they got what they deserved, end of story." Vinnie says not wanting to get into detail about what she likes to call her past life. When she was shipped off to boot camp she absolutely hated everyone and everything in that town. The faces of her friends held nothing but shock and betrayal, as she was taken away in a police car after beating a kid so bad she almost killed him. That was the last straw for Mr. McCaw, he talked to his coworkers and they arranged  a spot at a military boot camp in Texas. She was gone the next morning, personally escorted by FBI officers to the place that was soon to be her new so called home. But she just called in her personal hell hole.

"That doesn't seem so bad. Maybe those so called anger issues could help us out someday. As for you young lady, you're going to war." The scout says smiling as he shakes hands with the head of the boot camp and starts to walk towards the door.

"I'm going to war?"

"Pack your things, we leave tonight."

"Vinnie!" A loud voice broke her out of her daydream. 

"Sorry what?" She asks snapping out of it.

"There's a medical supplies delivery, we're volunteered to help out, so come one." Vinnie's close friend, Rhett, says from the opening of the tent.

"Coming" She quickly stuffs the notebook into her jacket pocket for safe keeping. 

****Author's note****

So I just now logged back into my Wattpad account and was scrolling through my drafts and found this... Do we like it? 

Maybe I could turn it into something...

Let me know!!

With Love, Maddie <3

One more thing, anybody interested in an Isaac Garcia fanfic? I might have one in the works...

(He's from Life With The Walter Boys)