Chapter 27

SPRING BREAK

        The months following homecoming were weird. I celebrated my eighteenth by going to the bookstore, buying The Clockwork Princess, and reading the entire book that day. Wes and I avoided each other. He even sat in a different seat during the classes we had together. Eventually he got back together with Amber, which kind of hurt, but for some reason I saw it coming. A popular guy like him can't be seen with a nerd like me. I blame that strange night on the clothes I was wearing. Since then I have taken a break from being girly and have gone back to good old jeans, a t-shirt and my DC's.

        Vin and Casey are finally getting serious. He finally had the nerve to kiss her yesterday, which relieved me. Now I know he's finally not latched on to me anymore. Jessica and her date never really hit it off. Darien wasn't her type. Gideon's band has been getting a lot of gigs lately, so Sara and him broke things off. Sara was okay with it, since she barely saw him at all. As for my masked man, I still have no idea who he is or what he really looks like. I often dream of those steel grey eyes staring at me.

        Well, it's the first day of Spring break and I am busy packing. My mom has actually agreed to let me go to Hawaii with the girls for break. I freaked out so much when she said yes and Jessica practically screamed my ears numb over the phone. I'm really excited. I thought it was just going to be a just girls trip, but Casey insisted on Vin coming. I don't mind Vin. I just don't want to be in a bikini around him. We all know what happened the last time I was scantily clad in his presence. 

        I go through everything in my luggage to make sure I am completely prepared for the entire week. I've packed my turquoise bikini that matches my eyes, and a monokini that's covered in peacock print. Instead of having to bring a razor and shaving cream, I got my armpits, legs and lady parts waxed three days ago. It hurt like nothing I've ever felt before. At least now all the redness and tenderness is gone. I think I have everything packed except for sunglasses and my sandals. The girls said I should bring a dress and heels for going out in, but I really don't have anything that is club worthy. I luckily have the rest of my birthday money from everyone saved so I can just buy something when I get there. Crap, I forgot to pack jewelry. I guess that means more shopping for me! I make sure I bring my arsenal, just in case Aunt Flo decides to come to town when I'm there. It's not due until next Sunday, but I don't like surprises.

        Bling!

        Scarlet-

                Aloha from sunny Hawaii!

                        -Wes

        Shit! I can't go to Hawaii! What If I run into him? What's with the new nickname...now I get it. Pull yourself together Toni. You're a strong young lady and can handle yourself just fine. Maybe he won't even be on the same island.

        Wes-

                Which island are you on?

                        -Toni

        Bling!

        Scarlet-

                Oahu

                        -Wes

        I text Jessica because I can't for the life of me, remember what island we're going to.

        Jess-

                What island are we going to again?

                        -Toni

        Bling!

        Toni-

                For the third time, we're going to Oahu! Just in case you didn't read it right, it's OAHU! Rhymes with Yahoo! That's what you are! LOL jk Totes love ya!

                        -Jess

        Jess-

                Haha very funny, love ya too. I'm soooooo excited. XOXO

                        -Toni

        Double shit! It's Oahu!