Taking breaks

3rd person pov:

Gingerbrave walked around the kingdom, greeting other cookies and just strolling around, he then spotted his best friend(that may or may not be his developing crush), wizard, doing his work in his laboratory.

He walks over to his lab, "Hey wizard! You still working on your project?" Gingerbrave laid his arm on the table and looked around. "Mm yes I'm still working around here, what are you doing here?" Wizard looked at him and rearranged his hat and scarf slightly. "Oh I'm just walking around, how long have you been working?" Gingerbrave questioned, "Uhm well, just a few hours, it's a big research anyway," Wizard replied while searching for a book. It made gingerbrave quite concerned, "Hey, shouldn't you take a break? You should stop for a bit," He asked.

Wizard looked up at him and rubbed his eyes, "No,no it's okay, I can handle it, I'll take a nap maybe sooner or later" Wizard reassured him, but gingerbrave still frowned, he didn't like his friend overworking himself, he thought for a while, and came up with an idea.

"Wizard, do you wanna just walk around with me? Let's just get something to eat and you should take your mind of things instead of working too hard," Gingerbrave initiated, wizard looked up at him, he thought for a moment, but he didn't seem too fond of it, gingerbrave noticed, "Pleaseee?" Gingerbrave did a puppy eye face, wizard sighed, "Okayy, I guess I'll spare some time, only because I'm fine with going out with you alright," Wizard said the last part with a light blush that was hidden by his scarf, gingerbrave's face lit up with joy "Yay! Alright let's go!" Gingerbrave grabbed his hand and pulled him out, wizard got shocked by the gesture but went along with it.

They walked around for a bit, they went to the jampie diner and got something to eat, and got a nice latte as well, they sat on a bench to enjoy their drinks and look around. Wizard stretched and yawned and didn't realize he laid down beside gingerbrave, his head on his shoulder. Gingerbrave realized and a blush creeped on his checks, he hesitantly stretched his arm and wrapped it around wizard, his hand on his shoulder, 'Heh, I guess he needed a break after all,' Gingerbrave chuckled.

Wizard's POV:

My eyes slowly open, did I fall asleep? I was trying to look around, then I realized, gingerbrave's arm was around me and he was resting on my head?! My cheeks turned a bright red but I composed myself, I really enjoy gingerbrave's company but I've never thought or confessed my feelings about him. "H..Hey brave wake up," I nudged him, his eyes slowly opened, and he also got shocked in the position we were in. "Oh! Hahah,, sorry wizard," He took my arm off me and chuckled nervously, "Uhm, it's fine," I smiled softly at him, we both kept walking again and he said to me, "Hey wizard, you gotta remember to take breaks like this alright? You never know when you need them," He looked at me and smiled, "Hm, maybe I'll take breaks once in a while," I agreed with him. We walked back to my laboratory, "W..Well I had fun having a short break with you I guess, thank you brave," He looked at me and smiled, "No problem wizard! I'll get going now, oh wait I forgot!" He suddenly searched for something, I tilted my head to the side, confused, he then pulled out a small bag of jellies, my favourite kind! "I knew they were your favorite, so I got you some so you can snack one them!" He exclaimed and handed them to me.

I was shocked by the small gift, and blushed, "Oh, t..thank you brave," I smiled. "No problem! I guess I'll get going now hahah, bye wizard!" He waved and was planning to walk away, I really enjoyed his company today and I wanna do something for him, so I...

Gingerbrave's POV:

I was about to head back home when I heard, "Wait!" Wizard shouted at me, I turned around to see him walk to me. I was confused at first, and then, he hugged me! This made a blush form again, but I returned the hug, "Haha, what's this for?" I questioned him, "Just a simple gesture to say thank you, I don't normally do this but I do it to you because.. because I.." I cock an eyebrow, "You?" "I've liked you for a while now okay?!" He exclaimed, my eyes widen, and I developed a deeper blush, I saw him look down at the ground, slightly embarrassed, I grabbed his hands, "Hey.. You don't need to be embarrassed, after all the time I've spent with you, it seems I've liked you as well," I smiled softly, he looked up and me and blushed, "Oh, ah, well does that mean we're,," "Yup! I guess we're boyfriends now!" I cheerfully exclaimed, holding my hand with his, "H-Hey I never said we could do this yet!!" He said embarrassed, "Haha sorryy," I said, another hand patting his head.

After all that we made a small conversation about it and then waved our goodbyes, I'm really glad he also feels the same way I do, and I'm glad to have someone like him, I walk back smiling, thinking of our relationship blossoming soon.

(A/N: hello! this is my first story so idk how it goes, hope you enjoyed and give me some requests if you want! <3)