𝚒

ᴏʀᴀɴɢᴇ ¡!

・゚゚・:.:::✼✿ 🏐 ✿✼::.:*・゚゚・

                              (¯'·.¸¸.·'¯'·.¸¸.-> He gasped awake and immediately checked himself for wounds or injuries, but Kageyama found none, "I'm... I'm alive?". 

There were no bystanders around, and a bus was speeding up towards him. How come was he alive? 

"Are you okay, Mister?" in front of him was a short male, seemingly around his age, with bright orange hair and a pair of bright hazel eyes. "Huh? What happened? Who are you?" Kageyama had so many questions in his head, "Am I dead?".

The man in front of him stood up and offered his hand to help Kageyama stand up, after all, they were still seated in the middle of the road. "You suddenly collapsed and fell on the road. So, I came to check on you." The short redhead replied, smiling brightly at Kageyama. 

"Ah, I'm Hinata Shoyo, by the way!" Hinata introduced himself, shaking Kageyama's hand that was slightly bigger than his'. 

"What about the bus? There was a bus approaching. How am I alive???" Kageyama was so sure he was going to die right then and there. Knowing that he survived that incident made him think he's getting insane. 

Confused, Hinata leaned his head to the side, "Bus? What bus?". Kageyama was left dumbfounded after hearing his reply. Hinata, on the other hand, laughed, "Maybe you're just hallucinating, Kageyama!".

The raven-haired young man felt like he wanted to leave and go home. The longer he's with Hinata, the more uncomfortable he becomes. Add on the rising anxiety because of people arriving at the bus station. 

Quickly, Kageyama thought of an excuse to escape. "Oh look it's already late! I gotta go, bye!". He dashed away from the bus station to the direction of his apartment. Why ride a bus when you can just run, it's faster and money-friendly.

Kageyama heard Hinata's exclamation, "HOW IS IT LATE WHEN IT'S ONLY 12:20 P.M!?"

△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼

Kageyama Tobio, never in his whole life would he expect such a bizarre encounter. First, he was being pushed by an unknown person and a bus was approaching. 

Then, he met a shining male named Hinata. What's even weirder was that Hinata didn't know about the coming bus yet he knew Kageyama's name without the latter introducing himself. 

Just thinking about it again sent shivers down Kageyama's spine. He finally arrived back to his apartment after awkwardly bidding goodbye to Hinata. "I never would want to see that guy again." The male sighed. 

He finally finished placing his groceries in the refrigerator. It was only noon, and Kageyama had nothing else to do. "Ah, lunch." He snapped his fingers and decided to eat outside. 

Putting on a cap and a scarf, he took his wallet and apartment keys and opened his door to leave again. But before he could step out, a thought came to his mind, "What if I'll come across Hinata again? Or any of my peers?"

Being seen in public and socializing with his former classmates were the least he wanted to happen. And seeing Hinata again would be really awkward and embarrassing. 

Kageyama wasn't fond of meeting other people. It gives him intense anxiety and he ends up in a stammering mess. 

Kageyama changed his mind and closed the door. He made himself some peyoung yakisoba and a glass of orange juice. 

"Ugh, orange," Kageyama grumbled, drinking the orange juice made him remember the oddball Hinata. Kageyama wondered who he really is. It was strange for Hinata to know his name despite him not introducing it. 

Kageyama was interrupted on his train of thoughts upon hearing a knock on his door. He went to open it and was met by his landlord. He was informed that soon, he'll share his apartment with a roommate. 

"The day he'll arrive is yet to be determined. I just thought of informing you ahead of time.", "Uh, y-yes, thank you, sir.". Kageyama bowed and slowly closed the door.

△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼ 

A roommate? Living with someone he doesn't know? Kageyama wanted to object, but he can't speak up to his landlord. Rejecting someone who is looking for a place to stay would be insensitive.

Kageyama wished for a future roommate who could live as if he didn't exist and give him space. "But," Kageyama thought, "living with a roommate will at least make this apartment less lonely."

As his eyes scanned the room, Kageyama muttered to himself, "I didn't even notice this apartment is big enough for two people, and there are two small bedrooms."

"Aahh, an empty bedroom," he said as he opened the room next to his. "I thought this was a storage room, so I didn't even bother to open it."

He heard his phone ring from the living room as he shut the door. The caller ID read, "Miwa."

"Heyyy How's my lil brother doing, hmm?" Kageyama's older sister greeted from the other line. "I'm fine, sis. You called?" the lil brother replied. 

Miwa just wanted to check on him, "It's almost your birthday. Are you coming home for the Holidays?". Oh, he forgot his birthday is only a week away, and then it'll be Christmas.

"Hm, yeah. I'll come home in a week. I haven't found any job to apply for." Kageyama replied. Miwa sighed on the other line, "I told you, Tobio. I could help you find a job." 

She genuinely cares about her younger brother. Kageyama reassured his sister that he would be fine. He said goodbye and hung up the phone.

Kageyama decided to take a quick nap after changing into an oversized black and blue sweater and some baggy pants. It had already passed 4 p.m. when he woke up.

Kageyama heard a thud from the apartment living room while his mind was still trying to wake up. "A thief!?" He quickly grabbed the book on his nightstand and opened his room door.

His blueberry eyes were drawn to a figure carrying his bag. Kageyama instinctively raised the book to attack the intruder when,

 "Woah Woah wait! I'm your new roommate-!". 

© rezella

───•◦ ◦•───