3

Friday morning I woke up and looked in the mirror. I decided that I needed a new look. I pulled out moms striaghtner and began striaghting my naturaly curly dark brown hair. I pulled on a Nirvana shirt, Ripped light blue skinny jeans, and purple vans. Then I left for school.
I walked into school and Addie was by her locker. I needed to knock off this shy act, I walked up to her.
"Hey" I smiled
"Hi...I like your hair"
"Thanks...can I ask you something.." I looked at her with curiosity. Nervous of offending her.
"Of course" she smerked
"Are you lesbian.....or like bisexual...or" I asked while looking down and playing with my fingers.
"I'm lesbian...you" She giggled a little bit and then starting playing with her fingers
"I don't know."
"Okay"
"But I know I like you" She smiled and grabbed my hand. We walked down the hallway hand and hand. At school is the one place I can be myself now. She kissed me and let go of my hand. "I'll see you 6th hour" She winked and walked to her class.
All day all anyone was asking me was "are you gay?" "Are you dating that girl?". It got annoying quick.
After school she came to my house. My mom answered the door.
"Hi I'm Addie I'm your daughters-"
"Best friend...she's my best friend" I cut her off and shot her a look. My mom and her shook hands and dragged her upstairs to my room. I closed the door and locked it.
"Addie you can't do that!" I looked at her with distress
"I'm so sorry Britt I thought she knew" I sat down on the bed and she sat next to me. She rested her head on my shoulder. "I'm going to come out to my mom tonight.....I would like you to be there when I do."
"Okay.." I laid down and pulled her with me. Nothing felt better than having her in my arms. Her smell was so comforting I felt safe when I was around her.
She looked at me with an innocent look. "I love you Britt" She whispered quietly almost in a question.
"I love you" it seemed so early....we have been dating for only 2 days and we were already saying I love you? It felt right though...I can't explain it. It feels like it was always meant to be.
We fell asleep and awoke to her phone ringing at 9pm. It was her mom asking where she was she told her she would be there soon and both of us left the out the window. She grabbed my hand as we walked to her house. She shaking I couldn't tell if it was because she was cold or nervous ..probably both. I took off my black hoodie and gave it to her
"thanks" she looked at me and half smiled. She was scared of what her mom would say when she told her. We finally arrived at her house. She opened the door and we both walked into the living room to were she was sitting on a leather loveseat. She turned off the TV and took a seat on the couch across from her. I sat next to her.
"Mom, I need to talk to you about something.." She was shaking worse than before now.
"What dear?" Her mom looked polite and proper. She was wearing a silver cross around her neck and matching purple silk Pajamas.
"I like girls...I like Brittney" She grabbed my hand and squeezed it tighter.
"Well yeah so do I, Brittney seems to be a nice girl from what I have heard" She was so oblivious or just playing oblivious.
"No mom, I like Brittney as a girlfriend." Her mom looked at her in the most judgemental way. She sat up straight and patted down her pajamas.
"Are you sure, Addison?"
"Yes mom"
"Get out." Her mom tookoff the glasses that were sitting perfectly on the bridge of her nose.
"Mom...no.." Addie took her hand away from mine and put it over her mouth shaking. Tears rolled down her face.
"Get OUT" Her mother stood up and pointed towards the door. Addie ran out of the house crying, I ran after her. She kept running, she didn't stop until she was out of breath an her legs were sore. She fell, defeated. She sat on her keens are cried some more. I sat next to her and put my arms around her.
"Your okay...you can stay with me" she looked at me with bloodshot eyes.
"Really?"
"Yes!" I smiled a half smile at her. "I love you"
She looked at me, tears streaming rapidly down her face. I wiped the hair out of her face, She stood up.
"Let's go" She wiped her eyes and began walking.