2- Ahegars

Chapter 2

Ahegars

Dandelion is the only place Ivan wants to be in, or rather everybody would want to be in if they had gone there once. Filled with the finest Vasmians with hearts made of gold, love, and gentleness, the Kingdom of Dreams welcomes young boys and girls to be a part of their army and to be Argans: The Dream Knights, to fight against their venomous rivals of Havenden called the Zagans: The Dark Knights, who attack them once in every twelve years.

Well, Ivan is not a Vasmian but a Caspian, very special and rare because they have a purpose to serve in Dandelion. Something Vasmians are not capable of performing although they are magical and have inhuman powers. When every Vasmian sleeps and wakes up at Dandelion, Caspians sleep to wake up elsewhere. More precisely, Caspians co-exist in two different places at the very same time and when one among them sleeps, the other wakes.

Ivan opened his eyes to see an oval-shaped, unfamiliar ceiling. Although strangeness hung around, he felt that he was in a very safe place. He remembered how the last year ended, how the once-in-a-twelve-year attack of the Zagans failed, and how he and his friends barely escaped from the hands of death that almost closed on them. Even though uncertain, deep inside, he hoped that everything would be smooth and alright this time. He then sat on his bed, yawning, and observed the room in which he had been sleeping all this while. It looked nothing like his, at White Bridge. The walls were wooden and neat and hanging down bronze threads were light-colored feathers of different sizes with white pearls here and there. He quickly stood up and made his bed realizing that it was not his room to leave it messy as it was. He spotted various tiny statues of Kings, warriors, and then, some rabbits, that seemed to be made out of clay and painted with natural, mild shades. The adorable cupboard to his right was so attractive that it caught anyone’s attention and Ivan felt that he should get a glance at what it had. He was halfway into opening the door when he heard a familiar sound from behind him.

“Stop. Don’t touch it.”

Ivan turned around to see the pleasant face of Raywan Blazeheart, one among the best friends he had at Dandelion, whom they called Ray. She had bright green eyes and dark straight hair which now was braided neatly at the back. At the sight of Ray, Ivan forgot about the cupboard and the temptation to see what it had.

“Ray!” He called and gave her a soft hug. She smiled back but different from a ‘How are you?’ and ‘How was your vacation?’, Ivan expected from her, she asked an unexpected question.

“Er- did you open that cupboard?”

“No. I didn’t. I was about to- but I didn’t.” Ivan answered sincerely.

“Good. Now come out.” She grabbed his hand and dragged him out of her room.

Now, Ivan was quite familiar with the place they stood in. It was a big room with a majestic purple chandelier hanging from the ceiling. With luxurious, velveted furniture, paintings, and hats with golden plumes on the walls, the room was a sight worth seeing. But, none of them belonged to the Blazehearts. It belongs to the palace and they are allowed to live there because the Blazehearts have served and are still serving the royals as the Royal Vasaals (Doctors).

“Mom!” Ray called. “He woke up.”

“Coming!!” They heard a sweet voice from the next room and after a few moments, a lady walked into their midst. She was tall and graceful and clinging to her fingers was a little girl, Venus Blazeheart. She had gained a few inches over the days. Venus looked very different from Ray, except for her bright green eyes, yet Ivan had felt that they were very similar in many perspectives.