˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 2| Grim Welcomes and Shoelaces ·˚ ༘

𝚆𝙴𝙻𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙴 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙱𝙴 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙴𝙳

𝙰 𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚖 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎: 𝙳𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜. 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙿𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛.

ϟ 9¾ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘▕⃝⃤

ϟ 9¾ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘▕⃝⃤

   𝙰𝙵𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙰 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙼 𝙸𝙽𝚃𝚁𝙾𝙳𝚄𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝚃𝙾 𝚁𝙴𝙼𝚄𝚂 𝙻𝚄𝙿𝙸𝙽, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, the students of Hogwarts settled in their respective tables to prepare themselves for Dumbledore's speech.

"Of course, that's why he knew to give you the chocolate!" Hermione commented, still clapping from the introduction for professor Lupin.

"Yeah," Y/N replied. "You gave us quite a scare there, Harry. Good thing professor was there to help us." She added, a soft smile on her lips. Harry returned the gesture.

"Potter!" Draco called from the Slytherin table, ruining the moment shared between Harry and Y/N. "Potter!" He demanded his attention again, which made Harry turn to him in annoyance.

"Is it true you fainted?" He asked, tauntingly. "I mean, you actually fainted." He said with a teasing, pathetic smile. The Slytherin beside him began pressing the back of his hand to his forehead, resembling a fainting motion.

Ron scoffed. "Shove off, Malfoy."

He grabbed Harry's shoulder and turned him towards the Gryffindor table, making Harry's eyes meet Y/N's sympathetic gaze. She had always disliked Malfoy, for they had been acquaintances since their childhood out of formality. Her parents were not Death Eaters, of course, but families of their renowned status often had a knack for building relations with one another — an obligation that came with their last name. The L/Ns were always out of place in those meetings, for the other wealthy families never really shared their sentiments.

"Honestly, just ignore him," Hermione agreed. The quartet focused their attention on the announcement upfront, with Dumbledore telling the students about the new Care of Magical Creatures professor.

   "Fortunately, I am delighted to announce that this place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!" Dumbledore announced excitedly, gesturing to the gentle giant sitting on the staff table. The students clapped immensely, the loudest being from the Gryffindor quartet's side of the tables. Draco scoffed in annoyance.