eight

wonwoo pov

i was kind of shocked when i received a dm from her.

'hey i'm the girl you saved from the restaurant.'

i immediately pressed on the notification. i replied 'hey'. waiting for her reply, i clicked on her account. 'haeji' her name was pretty and so was she.

i scrolled through her feed and clicked on her story.

ha_eji_

it was a picture of a boy

it was a picture of a boy. i saw him at the restaurant too. that night she was with a few guys. one of them seemed like her brother but this one, this one seemed like her boyfriend.

i clicked on the @ on the story and it brought me to another page, 'chwevernon' there was a picture of him and her at a train station. they looked really close.

i put my phone on my desk, laid back into my chair and waited for her reply.

after what seemed like forever, she replied and asked to meet as a thank you for helping her that night. i of course agreed and we decided to meet at the cafe near xxxx.

i don't know why but i was nervous yet excited to see her again. i was still confused as to how she knew my name but i didn't think much of it.

it was now the next day and i reached the cafe early. we were supposed to meet at 3 but i sat down at one of the tables at 2:40. i don't know why i decided to come early. i don't like being late so maybe that's why.

after a couple of minutes i heard an annoyed voice coming from the front of the cafe. "excuse me ma'am you're blocking the way." "oh i'm so sorry." i looked up to see a girl bowing and apologising to the people she was apparently blocking.

i recognised the voice and when i finally realised who it was, i couldn't help but laugh. she turned around and i waved. it was definitely her. she looked really pretty, her hair was up in a ponytail and there were a few strands of baby hair at the front.

she waved back and started walking towards me. for some reason my heart started beating faster. i placed my phone down onto the table and she sat down in front of me.

"hey." she said. "hey." i replied. we sat there in awkwardness for awhile until. "i wanted to thank-" "so are you-" we said in unison. she stared at me and i stared at her, we both laughed and i insisted that she said what she wanted to say first.

"well i really appreciate your help and maybe i can get you a coffee or something else on the menu as a thank you?" she pointed towards the menu at the front. i declined but she insisted.

we both ordered our drinks and it came after awhile. "are you better now?" i took a sip of my coffee. "yeah. much better."

we sat there looking out the window. "i'm going to order some food. you want anything?" she asked. "you pick, I'm fine with anything." i smiled and she nodded walking to the front to order.

she was definitely really really pretty, her voice was clear and soothing, her eyes were bright and even though we were awkward at first, i felt comfortable with her. she just gave off this calm vibe.

i was about to take another sip of my coffee when i heard the sound of a photo being taken. i looked up to see her standing there with her phone in one hand and food in the other.

i tilted my head and looked at her confused. "you looked really nice from that angle." she sat back down and showed me the photo.

"yeah that's actually really good." i nodded in approval. "can you send it to me?" i asked before taking another sip of my coffee. "sure, i'll send it through instagram."

"i'll give you my number." i blurted out. did i really just say that? she looked a bit shocked but she didn't mind and passed me her phone.

i gave it back and we started talking, getting more comfortable with each other.