chapter seven: bliss of a kiss

A few hours after Keon and Aria's encounter at the cemetery, they were invited to go on a weekend getaway with Hunter, Estelle, Devon, and Amy to an Airbnb in Key West. And on the day he was set to depart, Keon's mother hovered over him as if he were going to be away for weeks.

"Are you sure you have everything? Your clothes, extra underwear, shampoo, anything else you may need?"

"Yes, I already told you I have everything."

"Alright. Goodbye, Keon, I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, Mom," Keon kissed her cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too, son," she waved at him as he left the house.

Keon went to pick up Devon and Amy at their houses, and an hour and fifteen minutes after that, they arrived at the vacation house. Keon and Devon then went directly to their room to settle in.

"Devon, did you seriously bring fifteen pairs of boxers?" Hunter laughed out loud. "It's not like we're gonna stay here for a week, five pairs is more than enough."

"What if I shit my pants every day?" Devon shrugged. "I would certainly need more than five pairs if that happened to me."

"Well how the hell would that happen to you?" Keon looked at him like he was crazy.

"By putting hot sauce on everything savory I eat," Devon replied.

"Only you would do that," Hunter narrowed his eyes and laughed.

"Shut the fuck up, I know you would too," Devon slapped his back.

When they were done settling in, they had lunch with the girls, after which they went to the villa's pool area, where they spent the afternoon horsing around before getting inside the hot tub to relax and talk about random things.

"This gives me huge flashbacks," Estelle giggled. "Do you know how long it's been ever since we last came here?"

"Since the summer before our junior year of high school," Aria replied. "More than three years ago!"

"I'd never been here before," Amy mentioned.

"You haven't?" Hunter widened his eyes.

"Nope."

"Neither have I," Devon admitted.

"I did come here once, but as a baby," Keon explained. "So I barely remember anything about this place."

"Well, I'm sure y'all are gonna love it," Hunter giggled. "I swear, this place is almost like a paradise."

"It is a paradise," Aria grinned.

"Trust me, I already do love it," Devon giggled. That's when Amy stuck her finger into his belly button, giggling maniacally.

"Stop that," he chuckled. Amy didn't listen, and she kept tickling him until the two began cackling like idiots, which made everyone laugh along with them. After they were done, the two shared a kiss.

"Ew, get a room, you two," Keon snickered.

"Gladly!" Amy shot right up as she grabbed Devon's arm and left the hot tub with him.

Keon shook his head and giggled. "These kids are a handful."

"They're an adorable couple," Estelle smiled.

"Devon seems like a goofball, it's no surprise that Amy and him are together," Aria admitted. "Because Amy is also a big clown."

"I heard that!" Amy hollered from where she was at.