chapter two: so, we meet again

The next day, Keon and Cash went to the beach at Surfside, where they would be having their beach hangout with Joe and Devon, as well as their other friends: Scarlett, Amy, Leah, and Daniella. Even though it was usual for them to be planning hangouts like these, this particular one was going to be one Keon would never forget.

"How's my bubs doing?" Scarlett kissed Cash's cheek.

"Doing better than ever now that you're here," he embraced her, smiling widely.

"Hey, hey, don't start being all cheesy with each other around us single pringles," Keon joked, making Cash and Scarlett laugh out loud.

"Guys, let's get out of here," Leah suggested. "Let's go somewhere else before my idiotic brother sticks his tongue down Scarlett's throat."

"Ew, Leah, don't even mention it!" Daniella grimaced as they all laughed and headed to the shore, leaving Cash and Scarlett alone in the gazebo.

After that, they saw that Devon was already in the water, carrying Amy in his arms and sharing a moment of intimacy with her.

"You've got to be kidding me," Keon shook his head and placed his hands on his waist.

"Shut up, you guys are just jealous because you're all single!" Amy mocked Keon and the rest of their friends.

"Hardy har har!" Leah snapped back.

"Y'all are cute and everything, but please, get a room!" Daniella chuckled.

"We don't need a room!" Amy said as she caressed Devon's face and kissed him. "Oh wait, now we might!"

"Very funny, Amy!" Joe retorted. "You guys play too much!"

"If y'all are so tired of being single, go over there!" Devon hollered, pointing at a group of people near some palm trees. "There are five people that I'm pretty sure are single too!"

"Shut up!" Keon stuck his middle finger at him and laughed.

"Suit yourselves, then!" Devon made an OK sign as the others snickered.

After leaving Devon and Amy alone, the others went to sit down at a gazebo that was located near the palm trees that Devon had mentioned earlier. That's when Keon saw the group of people Devon had been talking about. He watched them all closely, until he noticed that in that group of people was none other than Aria West, the same girl he had talked to the day before and couldn't stop thinking about.

"Yo, Joe," Keon nudged Joe.

"What's up?" Joe turned his head towards him.

"It's her, it's her," Keon pointed towards the palm trees with his head.

"Wait a second, whaddya mean it's her? Who are you even talking about?" Joe looked around in confusion.

"You see that blonde girl over there?" Keon stretched out his arm. "That's Aria, the girl I met yesterday at The Burger Lab."

"No way," Joe looked at Keon in shock as he nodded. "She's hot!"

"Yeah," Keon told him, watching Aria grab a drink from the cooler.

"So are you gonna ask for her number now?"

"Nope."

"Oh, come on, Keon, don't be such a pussy! This could be your chance to get to know her better! Who knows if you guys will become a couple?"

"One can only dream, Joe. She will probably end up friendzoning me, or worse; ignoring me and forgetting I even exist."

"But how would you know what she'll do if you don't talk to her?"