𝖯𝖱𝖮𝖫𝖮𝖦𝖴𝖤

"i never wanted to meet that son of a bitch

"i never wanted to meet that son of a bitch."

***

THE SUN BEAMED BRIGHTLY DOWN ON THE PAVEMENT. Yuna walked with much enthusiasm to her very first leading job.

Yuna Sato was an athletic trainer and had only worked under more experienced trainers in her career.

But a new chance presented itself to her when she saw the volleyball team in Osaka was hiring a new head athletic trainer. There was one opening and the team only employed one trainer.

Just what Yuna was looking for.

She needed an excuse to move out of Miyagi. As much as she loved her home, it was difficult to find good work there.

There was also just too much of an unpleasant history in Miyagi. Sure she had grown up there, but all of her worst moments happened right in her hometown.

Yuna didn't need the memories.

She took a deep breath as she stood in front of the Ohasuhigashi Event Arena. Here was Yuna's new start, towering right over her ready for her.

With a small nod, Yuna walked inside and looked around. This arena smelled as new as it looked. She walked through a tunnel that she assumed led to the stands.

The arena was large with an amazing view of the court. She could see many large men running around on the court as the sound of bouncing volleyballs filled the room.

"Yuna Sato?" yelled a man from the court. She snapped out of her gaze to see a man in a suit waving her down to the court.

She ran down the steps faster than she had before, smiling the whole way down. He opened the courtside gate for her, welcoming her onto the glossy wooden floor.

"You must be Coach Foster." she said, bowing to him.

"No, I'm actually Mister Seiko, I'm head of Human Resources here at the Black Jackals. I hire the coach, the media and marketing team, the coordination team, and the courtside staff. Although, Coach Foster did have a say in whether or not we were going to hire you." he said.

That was a lot for Yuna to process, but luckily she managed to grasp on to what he said.

"It's nice to meet you Mister Seiko." she said.

"Likewise. Let's get you introduced to the coach and the team. We'll have to wait for their next water break though." he said, walking over towards the bench.

"Mister Seiko!" yelled a voice. A man with an earpiece and a clipboard called in a stressed tone.

Mister Seiko turned to Yuna and lightly bowed.

"Sorry, I must take care of this. Coach Foster will be with you in a moment." he said before walking off with who Yuna assumed was his assistant.

Yuna had watched a lot of volleyball. She had been surrounded by volleyball since high school. It was the sport she hoped to work in for the longest time, so she was happy to finally understand what was happening in practice.