A Christmas Fair

Melody had fallen asleep halfway through the chapter and soon after Carina had headed back to her own bed, though she would be lying to herself if she said she hadn't wanted to stay with the blondes. She was finding it harder and harder not to keep her feelings away. The teacher laid in bed for a while before falling into a restless sleep.

Carina woke to a tug on her arm and was met with a pair of little blue eyes.

"Bambina its early what's wrong"

"Can I cuddle with you? "Melody asks as she is already climbing on the bed.

"Where's your mommy?" Carina says as she helps the girl settle next to her.

"She snores remember"

The Italian just laughs and opens her arm for the little blonde to snuggle under the covers. Melody rests her head on Carina and sighs.

"Try to sleep a little more" they both closed their eyes but Carina had a feeling neither would be going back to sleep.

"Rina. can you help me with something"

"Of course"

"I want to get mommy a present, But I don't have anything"

"Well then how about you make her something, you can draw her a picture"

"Like my snowflake tree from class"

"Yes bambina that one was very pretty"

"Can I do it now?" Carina looked at the clock. It was almost eight in the morning, not a completely unreasonable time to get up.

"Ok but I need coffee first, then I'll find you some supplies"

"Thank you Rina, I love you" Melody says, Carina isn't sure how to respond so she just hugs the girl before they head to the kitchen.

Melody sits coloring a picture for Maya and Carina scrolls her phone while drinking her coffee a while later the child holds up the picture.

"All finished, do you think mommy will like it"

Carina admired the artwork, Melody was actually quite a talented artist that was something she had learned in class

"She'll love it, let me hide it till Christmas' ' Carina tells her as she takes the picture and slips it into her work bag.

"Can we have breakfast now" Melody asks

"I think so, what would you like today"

"Waffles" the child shouts

"Shhh or you will wake your mommy"

"Mommy is already awake" a sleepy Maya appears at their side

"Morning mommy Rina is going to make waffles"

"I heard that Mels" Maya says as she takes the chair carina had been in and without thinking reaches for the cup in front of her.

"Mmmmm you make the best coffee" Maya says as she looks at the Italian.

"Thank you bella, would you like your own cup or are you going to finish mine" she asks

Maya seems to wake up a bit at that statement and she has placed the cup down but after seeing the small smirk on Carina's face takes another sip from the cup.

"Nope this ones good" The blonde smiles.

"Mommy that was Rina's"

"It was, but she doesn't mind sharing"