HAPPY ONE YEAR!

[ ZINC ]

"SAAN KA GALING?" napatigil ako sa pagsalubong sa aking asawa dahil sa lamig ng kanyang boses. May nagawa kaya akong mali? Nagpaalam naman ako na mag-oovertime ako sa trabaho at uuwi ako ng alas diyes ng gabi ah.

"S-Sa office, love. Is there any problem? Nagpasaway nanaman ba— "

"Sigurado ka bang sa office ka galing?" medyo inis pa rin na sabi niya kaya napakunot ang noo ko. What's happening with my wife? We were okay when I left the house earlier.

Agad siyang lumapit sa akin at inamoy ang leeg ko.

"Your neck smells like a woman's perfume. Are you really sure sa office ka galing, Zinc? May...may babae ka ba? Bakit amoy babae ka? Tapos you're usually home by eight! Saan ka sa dalawang oras na iyon?" umawang ang labi ko sa narinig mula sa kanya. I cannot believe what she's talking about, saan ba nanggagaling ang mga sinasabi niya?

"What? We've been married for five years already and we have a three year old son! Tingin mo ba magagawa ko pang magloko? I love you and I will never—" I stopped talking when I realized something. I looked her straight in the eye and I notice her eyes shining because of tear.

"Is there any problem, Kelsey? Tell me." sabi ko at hinawakan ang kanang braso niya. I waited for her to answer but she's just staring at me, her face emotionless. I sighed.

"Look, if I came home late today, I am sorry. Nag-overtime ako kasi may kailangan akong tapusin before Christmas, hmm? I am planning to take our family on a vacation. Please don't think that I'm seeing other woman behind your back." sabi ko at niyakap siya. She started sobbing on my chest. Why is my wife emotional today?

"Please don't doubt my love for you. I will never do the same mistake I did years ago." I whispered to her, "I don't want to lose you two in my life, hmm?"

"S-Sorry. Hindi ko sinasadyang pagdudahan ka. Sorry." she keeps on apologizing while crying on my chest. I just hugged her and kissed her head.

"Shh, don't be sorry. Stop crying, please."

The past years wasn't easy because of what I did. Her parents doesn't like me and they planned to let Kelsey marry another man. I begged to them but its useless but I was persistent, I can't just let Kelsey marry another man. Damn. Magkakamatayan kami.

I only want Kelsey for myself.

Ginawa ko ang lahat para maging karapat-dapat kay Kelsey. Pinatunayan ko sa pamilya, mga kaibigan niya lalo na kay Kelsey na siya lang ang mamahalin ko. I already learned from my mistake. I don't want to lose Kelsey again because of my stupidity.

"Honestly, I don't want you for my daughter after what you've done." her dad said. After learning from Drake that Kelsey will be marrying a man, I rushed to their home to talk to her Dad.

"Sir, please, I know— "

"Yes, you're sorry. But how can I be so sure that you will not do it again?" sabi niya. "Zinc, I don't trust you anymore. But if you really love my daughter and if you will promise me that you will take good care of her. I might give you a chance. She'll be back next month with her fianceè. Try your best and I might cancel their wedding." sabi nito at umalis.

A tear escaped my eye. I was so happy. Atleast, if I can prove to them that I am worth it for Kelsey, they might trust me again, they might like me again for their daughter.

It wasn't easy taking Kelsey back. She won't talk to me, I tried talking to her pero sadyang magaling siyang umiwas.

"K-Kelsey, please, just one last chance." I told her. I chased her until we reached her car.

"No, Zinc. Can't you see? I will be married in few months! Stop chasing me already, we're over!" she annoyingly said before entering her car. Napasabunot ako sa buhok ko.

No, I won't give up on her.

I shouldn't.

"You really love her, huh." Patrick said — Kelsey's fianceè. We were at a bar with my friends at hindi ko alam kung bakit inimbitahan nila 'tong Patrick na 'to.

"The wedding's two months from now. You know, I don't want this kind of set-up. I hate arranged marriage. I get to know Kelsey and she wasn't hard to like."

"What are you trying to say?"

"What am I saying is, I am cancelling our wedding. I can't marry a woman who doesn't love me. I can't marry a woman who loves someone else. Win her again, she still loves you." sabi nito.

After that day, araw-araw kong nililigawan si Kelsey kasama na ang pamilya niya. I am slowly earning their trust. I am always doing everything for her to give in, in me.

Also, I worked hard for our future.

"I am warning you, Zinc. Take good care of my daughter." her dad said before giving me her daughter's hand. Today was our wedding day and God knows how much I am grateful because finally, I've got the woman whom I love the most. The woman whom I can spend my whole life with.

Our marriage life went smoothly, two years later, we had our first born — Caelan, our son.

I looked at my wife who's sleeping peacefully beside me. I caressed her cheek and kissed it. I hugged her waist before burying my face on her neck to sleep.

***

"Babe..." I woke up because of my wife's sweet voice but my eyes remained shut.

"Baby, wake up..." she again whispered to my ear.

"Hey, babe, wake up..." she said again while lightly poking my cheeks. I slowly opened my eyes and her beautiful face welcomed me. I smiled and kissed her lips.

"Good morning," I greeted.

"Good morning." she said, "I have a goodnews for you"

"And that is?" I asked, she gave me a familiar object. I saw twp red lines on it. I looked at her, shocked.

"I'm pregnant." she said. I hugged her tight and kissed the side of her head.

I may have committed a mistake in the past but I knew to myself I have changed...for the better. I didn't waste the chance she gave me. Kelsey deserves to be cherished, to be delighted, and taken care of. I will give her everything she deserves, everything that'll make her joyous.

I am neither best nor perfect boyfriend back then but I promise her that I'll be an excellent husband and father. I love my family so much that I couldn't ask for more. They are invariably my strength and my wealth.

Seeing my beautiful wife every morning, my adorable son and the news I just got today makes my heart happy. It's so perfect.

"Thank you" I whispered to her and sealed my gratitude with a loving kiss.

This is the family I would hold onto forever.