01. Interview

My peaceful slumber broke as I heard the loud noise of my alarm. Frown appeared on my face as the beautiful dream I was seeing was broken too. I groaned in frustration tapping my hands around to stop the irritating sound of the alarm. I opened my eyes and looked at the time, it was 7.30am and I had no more time to sit idle.

Let me introduce myself first. I'm Nandini Martin and I have completed my graduation recently and am looking for a stable job.

I stepped down from my bed and walked to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and relieved myself. After that I head straight to my kitchen to get myself started on a cup of coffee. Coffee is my first love and it's the only thing which keeps me alert and improves my mood as I wouldn't want anything to set me back today.

I lazed around for a few more while, then I had to prepare myself for my interview later in the morning. I walked back to my room with my love; my coffee still in my hands. I had no more time to waste. It's better I start getting ready right now. I couldn't afford getting late for the interview. I pulled open my closet and looked for something presentable. A perfect formal wear for the interview.

Suddenly my eyes fell on a black dress. It's the same dress which I had got with all my savings. I picked it up. "This should do." I thought as I placed it on my body. I took out my white bag which has all the necessary items a woman like me would need.

My interview is set to begin at eight. So, I should be able to get my hair dried before then. After I had showered and washed my hair, I dried my hair and styled it in a simple ponytail. It took forever for me to do it but it was finally done.

"I don't want to get there looking like I'm a model from a runway show." I mutter to myself before applying a little makeup which just involves a little foundation, kohl and eyeliner. I don't forget to apply my nude lipstick to finish the look. I put on my dress and I gave myself a final look before leaving.

 I put on my dress and I gave myself a final look before leaving

(Nandini's attire)

It was past eight so I had to leave. I didn't have breakfast cause I'm a nervous wreck right now and that must have ruined my appetite. I picked up my house and car keys. I locked my door and headed downstairs to the garage to get my car. Once I was seatbelted and comfortable enough, I started driving to EJ Corporation.

Fortunately for me, EJ Corporation is not too far from my apartment. It's a Fifteen minute drive from my apartment so I have approximately fifteen more minutes to spare when I get to the company.

EJ Corporation!

EJ Corporation is one of the top business companies of New York. I have heard that the company is run by a very young CEO. Yes, I have only heard of him. Because no one has ever seen him. You must be thinking, being the youngest CEO his photo must be everywhere but it's not like that. He avoids gatherings or parties. He only attended mask-parties till now. So, no one has ever managed to grab his single glimpse. I have also heard that he makes every employee sign an agreement saying they wouldn't disclose about him to anyone. If they do so, then they will be jobless for all their lives.